Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

I think the first map rewards are too good in relation to it's difficulty.
    I can consistently win it in under 2 minutes with the items I would use on live ( 2 burst mage plus a radiation bomb/savage curse priest).
    two guaranteed rare in 2 minutes is... just too good ( I'm counting the club reward).
    I'd suggest either to nerf the reward to guaranteed uncommon, or make the first map use quick draw rules so farming it woulnd't be as fast and as efficent.

2. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

3 wins, 44 minutes.

(Also a 0 win run that took me... about ten minutes? Do you want that data, Flax?)

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Bottom of page 1 is Dungeon of the Swamp King, map 1.
    Top of page 4 is Cliffs of the Wyverns, map 4.

Latest run was a defeat at round 5 after 17 minutes. Security Robots are brutal!

Also got the no enemies bug on round 4 at glad. finals, map 2:
    CoC_2.jpg

Killer74 likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is something I considered originally, but decided against. I'd rather have a stronger selection of characters for the final map at this point.

I put them in teams because attacking multiple times is really brutal but this is a good point. I will reduce all secbot groups to 1. Thank for the note!

I'm considering putting QD into some of the battles (not all of them though). If other people like this suggestion it would be quite easy to implement, though it's hard to say how it would affect difficulty/time. That's what you testers are for =)

That said, keeping Quick Drawn characters between rounds is not on the table, sorry. Would require a bunch of new code and right now CoC just me doing my thing as quickly as possible.

Good point. I'll think about it some more. I do think the suggestion of putting some more 'legendary' characters into the mix for the final few battles is another good solution though.

The point of the random teams—beyond the fluff of it—is to prevent speed farming.

To clarify my intentions, beating CoC will—once I build it—unlock "CoC Lite" which is the exact same adventure but you use your party and the battle chests are the same as normal adventures. This will let people try level 23 builds against the random dungeon. CoC Lite may have quests; I haven't decided yet.

My acceptable percentage is indeed below 50%. CoC is supposed to be very hard to beat, while still being fun to try.

I can make everyone's health higher very easily actually. How do people feel about this? I realize right now the random party has HP as level 18 characters but they should honestly probably have more. I doubt them having more HP would speed up win times, and it might make some harder nodes playable.

This is my plan right now (guaranteed uncommon).

Yes, I do want to know win % of first map and how long it takes to lose. So even runs with 0 wins, I want the data, thanks!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The nospawn bug seems to be more likely connected to scenario issues than to map issues at this point. Can anyone tell me if they've seen it happen OUTSIDE of rounds 4 and 5? So far it seems to only happen on rounds 4 and 5 unless I'm missing something. Which is very helpful for me to identify the problem.

And in case anyone's curious where my thoughts on the adventure are at this point:

• I'm going to make map 1 not guarantee a rare
    • I think I'll increase HP of generated characters
    • I may change some cards of generated characters to have fewer 'useless' cards
    • I don't want to make the first 7 battles easier—the loot rate for them is already in a very good place.
    • I may add some stronger premade characters to the mix for battles 8-10

Do folks want me to make some of the battles Quick Draw?

And if so, let me know which battles you think should be QD:
    1. 2&3
    2. 4&5
    3. 6&7
    4. 8&9
    5. final boss

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Will running the current mode still be an option? (Without the guaranteed legendary, of course.)

7. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

Well, I like it as is sans QD, but if you were to do it, 2&3 sort of makes sense as a gradual loss of control: you go from a premade party, to a QD party, to completely random parties.

Magic Elves likes this.
  8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

More than that, since the last dungeon has a boss and is a fixed map, it's as if you regain the control over your characters for the final battle. That way even Blitzkenripper isn't as scary.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, with high loot rates but no guaranteed legendary on repeats.

10. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I beat it! :D
    here's the data from my runs:

Try 4: 35 minutes 5 wins
    Try 5: 28 minutes 4 wins
    Try 6: 37 minutes 6 wins
    Try 7: 29 minutes 4 wins + 1 no spawn
    round 5 no spawn.jpg
    Try 8: 28 minutes 5 wins
    Try 9: 57 minutes 10 wins

Highlight reel:
    you said it was random.jpg
    Attack of the plants! You said the enemies were random. :p

Too many monkeys.jpg
    Too many monkeys!

More highlights to come!

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  11. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

If I were to pic some QD over other, I'd pick 5&6, leaving the progression to be
    2-3-4 : "weak" random party
    5-6 : quick draw, which supposedly would be stronger than a "weak" random party
    7-8-9-10 : "strong" random party

12. DupleX

Highlight reel #2
    You almost had me.jpg
    3 wizards surrounded my melee characters always a fun time :)

Squirrelbane is the new lord stafford.jpg
    Squirrelbane is the new Lord Stafford. All hail Lord Squirrelbane!

Guardians can be ineffective.jpg
    Poor Guardians have bad LoS. :)

13. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Have you made up your mind about this, or is it something that you are still considering? Personally, i would prefer to be able to replay the adventure in its current format after beating it for the first time (meaning a guaranteed epic+ for the final chest). Being able to use our own builds in CoC is something really cool and i am totally up for it, but i am afraid that if the chests are the same as in normal adventures, it will not see much play other than a couple of games just for trying it out or the occasional co-op fun run.

I agree 100% with this, despite my love for QD, i would rather keep the random parties mainly for time reasons. If it was to be implemented, second and third level makes the most sense.

14. DupleX

Final Battle Highlight Reel:

Final battle!.jpg
    No Blitzy yayyy!

... epic fight ensues ...

Poor king lost his crown.jpg
    Poor king lost his crown :(

done.jpg
    But now it is mine!

Pawndawan, Flaxative and 40c_rudy like this.
  15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Alternately I think the 2nd and 8th levels(1st easy and hard level) should be the QD levels.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

CoC Lite wouldn't replace CoC, it would be an additional thing.

timeracers and 40c_rudy like this.
  17. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

3 dw with Searing Pains, Runestone, Akon's Amulet and Admod's Chains. But this will not be available on the 'normal' server.

seth arue likes this.
  18. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Runs:

47 mins
    7 wins

21 mins
    3 wins (pygmies are incredibly annoying)

7 mins - round 1 death

2 mins - round 1 death

Decided to make my starting team somewhat "better", forgetting armour removal.

10 mins round 1
    3 minds round 2
    6 mins round 3
    6 mins round 4
    7 mins round 5
    6 mins round 6
    6 mins round 7
    9 mins round 8
    6 mins to die round 9 (flying monkeys, the bane of CoC, at least on wide open maps)

As far as my noenemies maps are concerned, they all happened round 4 or 5. However, only 2 copper golems appeared on round 6, as in Assussanni's screenshot previous page (different map) which I'm sure is part of the bug. I would even posit that only two groups as in Magic Elves' screenshots of rounds 8 and 9 some pages back might be part of the bug.

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I faced only two copper golems on round 6 once. I assume this is a bug but it may be completely unconnected to the "no enemies" bug.
    I think I'd like either all of them from map 2 onwards to be quick draw or none of them. That way there's the possibility in future (and I accept it may be far into the future) of there being two CoC style events: one with random pre-made parties and one with quick draw. Although from a fluff perspective it would be cool if it went:
    Player Created Team -> Player's Characters with Quick Draw -> Random Characters with Quick Draw -> Pre-generated Random Characters
    to represent things getting more and more out of control. However, I appreciate that the idea may be more work than you have time for (or simply an idea that appeals only to me)!

Keep up the good work, I've really enjoyed the last two runs :)

Xayrn and Flaxative like this.
  20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

28 Minutes hehighlight was an elvish mage killing 5 monsters on 2 hp in level 5 after the two other mages died and that against copper golems (that ones again..), crossbowman, guardians of mist and acid imps.
    Died in level 6 against a good mix of strong and blocking melees and range attack monster, which stayed back.

The bugs were a vp which I should not have gotton:

15-09-25 Scored point without reason.jpg
    And level four was empty
    15-09-25 empty level.jpg