Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

I don't have a screenshot of the second map it happened on, but here is a third one.
    CoC bug 2.jpg

The second map I didn't recognise, it looked like the first map of glad. arena finals, but a 4x4 square instead of 2x4 in the middle. I thought I had played on it before (in previous run of CoC) and enemies appeared the previous time. I could well be mistaken though, it may only have looked similar. I have only seen the other ones this bug occurred on once (there really is a lot of maps :p).

Another bug, maybe, not sure if it's related only to CoC: If you double click on continue after victory, it skips the loot screen.

Also, do you want feedback on the characters? They all seem pretty balanced to me, though I sort of dislike seeing the above dwarf bashing priest (in screenshot) come up, even if he looks cool. Triple wizards seem to get me in the most trouble.

Edit: Is there a limit of data you want from a single person for runs?

2. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Alright, played through three times now and I've got some figures.

1st Run - 13 Minutes, 3 Wins
    2nd Run - 9 Minutes, 2 Wins
    3rd Run - 25 Minutes, 6 Wins

As an aside, the only composition that actually gives my party trouble in the first map is ones where 3 Wyverns are involved. At my best, that map was cleared in under a minute. Resigning until you actually get a fight you can win is probably a strategy you're going to see quite a bit of considering the monsters there range from difficult to impossible (although this is a party outfitted with my absolutely broken dream setup).

As a second aside? The only time I've lost any of these maps thus far is when I've had two wizards on my team. Seriously, against groups this size and power, having two wizards on a team is near instant-death every time for your party.

3. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Lair of the Yellow Dragon - Map 3 - no enemies (Edit: Round 5 btw, just in case it's the number of enemies which is causing them to vanish)

If we know the map, is it alright just to name it? It's not really much in terms of data, but it's still using some to upload them.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, the more the better, but don't burn yourself out, thanks!

This is useful to hear :)

Pretty sure that's a bug that exists outside of CoC... I wonder if @Jon is aware of it?

Regarding the nospawns, there are 113 maps and I don't know them all by name so screenshot references do help if you can give them. Also yes the round number is useful to know. Seems like it happens mostly on round 5 so far...?

5. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Sorry I will include those numbers in the future, but the breakdown per run was about 15 minutes for the first try (this is partly because I had to click through all the cards my account had never seen before) and 30 minutes for the second two tries.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

One last run before I sign off for the night/day.

4th Run - 7 Wins, 33 Minutes.

I did not lose because of having two wizards on a team this time. No, this time I lost because 2 Trolls spawned right next to my party with crossbowmen backing them up. It was painful.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  7. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Got defeated on round 6. Took 44 minutes. Warrior shot by marksmen, wizard was crushed by trees, priest was flensed by a mind flenser.

There are definitely some frustrating match-ups. I faced Creepers with Tough Bark and the only cards I had which would hurt them were Fiery Stab (just the burning damage) and Bludgeons created using Attack, Soldier!. The excessive amount of healing I had meant that I was in no danger of dying.

All the other rounds were lots of fun though!

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

I finally got to round 8. It was really close (two wizards and the ooze priest (actually useful with terrain clearance) versus magma totems, gnomes, blood disciples, goblin hulks), but I eventually died :(.

nospawns: Have occurred twice at round 5 and once at round 4, unsure about the other one, but I think it was around that level.

9. The new module is tough. I am digging the alternate colors for the characters we use.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Do you have a time on this run...?

11. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

No, sorry, I took a break in the middle of that one, and forgot to note down the time.

By the way, are the vps ever supposed to be controllable by either player (i.e. Gold, not red)? Just played a map (Riddle of the Gnome Lords, map 3) where the AI got victory stars by sitting on VP (and beat me).

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That sounds like an oversight, I'll fix it. The VP should always be red, and only for the player.

13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

21 mins: 3 first won, died in the 4th - Fungus Warrior's Noxious Breath is deadly.

I noticed that non-mob monsters that are in the same group have identical names. Is there an easy fix for that? It's mostly cosmetical, but I think usually mob monster act in the alphabetical order of their names (the names are marking the activation order), so it will play some strategic role too.

timeracers likes this.
  14. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Three wins, 25 minutes.
    Lost on the first battle.
    Five wins, 37 minutes.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

6 wins after 65 minutes, then a loss at battle 7 after 20 more minutes of play after a misplay. I could not have gone faster than the about 10 min per map. The damage output of the characters was so low and the enemies so numerous. Too much thinking to be done to rush. Maybe it was the character / monster mixes, time will tell.

At my rate, if it's just loot one is after, this is not an efficient use of time. Plenty of interesting situations, though, and loot is not everything. I don't think there's any danger of Caverns of Chaos of being the fastest farming spot. Probably one's random spelunking speed improves with practise, too early to tell by how much.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Got to the Nightmare Nodes!

[​IMG]
    Party: Two Insight/Devestating Elf warriors, one Mobile Slime warrior: Easy Difficulty
    Enemies: 2x Troll Warriors, 3x Rad Spiders: Challenging Difficulty
    Results: Evade trolls, kills spiders, evade trolls, evade trolls, get enough points from the point square to squeak by.

[​IMG]
    Team: Insight/Devestating Elf Warrior, Big Bludgeons Elf Warrior, Spark/control Dwarf Wizard, Easy Difficulty
    Enemies: 2x Rook Rangers, 3x Ochre Slimes: Medium Diffculty
    Results:
    Stabbed until dead. Ochre slimes are hard, but they weren't this time.

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 1x Rumbling Mutant, 3x Thought Muncher, 2x Burning Skeleton, and of course how could I forget BLIZKENRIPPER
    Team: Who cares? I couldn't do this with a party I made, let alone a premade one.
    Results: DEAD. DEAD. DEAD. DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

On note of the time, the last three battles took about 30 minutes, not including the 5 or so I curled up in a ball at the sight of Blizzy.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    timeracers, seth arue and Pawndawan like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Total time for your run with 9 victory chests?

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

1 win/10 minutes is actually a very good loot rate since the average gold value of the chests is very high (and almost doubles with club). It might not seem like it but it's way better than current SP farming, and actually a tiny bit better than the average multiplayer 'grind.'

19. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I did the first seven levels separately from each other, but other than a fun one with Security robots I see no reason why they'd be different from my average time. I'd guess about an hour for the first seven, thirty for the last three.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Oh, okay, obviously the adventure needs to be made much harder, then.