Test Build 3.52.0 (4 Aug 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build is focussed on trying to address two issues with the Steam client: black screen on startup and how it handles failures from authorising the login. There are a couple of other tweaks too.

Steam client
    • Listen for errors prior to screen root being added to stage and log them.
    • Set default window size to minimum size (1100x700).
    • When starting in full-screen or maximized, throw away saved window size and position data.
    • Listen for moving/resizing events rather than moved/resized (might better ignore spurious events during maximise).
    • Only restore window size and position when starting in windowed non-maximized mode.
    • Fix some error results in steam authentication account script (ensures we return a proper error result when steam auth fails).
    • Reduce the maximum wait for steam auth to 20 seconds (from 120).
    • When encountering a failed Steam auth attempt, don't show the steam account choice background.
    • Extend the waiting overlay to cover full response to Steam auth request.
    • Make sure we manage/clean up the timer that controls the steam auth waiting overlay properly.
    Cards
    • Die roll modification timing is affected by animation speed.
    • Slight change to Advanced Battlefield Training card illustration.
    Profiling
    • Catch null message parameters when profiling messages.
    • Corrected column headings in csv output for profiled timing.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Pawndawan, Flaxative and Xayrn like this.
  2. Jon

If you're using the test server through Steam, I'd definitely appreciate you testing this build to see how you think it works, particularly in regard to restoring your window size and position in full-screen, maximised or windowed mode.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not sure if this would deserve a dedicated thread in the bugs sub-forum.

When playing via browser on the main site, connectivity issues usually result in the "Server is down or your connection is not working properly" dialog.

When playing via the Steam client, the app seem to not offer any feedback at all, no dialog popping up at all. You can check connection to the server by typing anything in the chat, but that's 100% up to the user.

This is obviously very annoying when playing MP matches. Any thoughts on why the Steam version is failing to promptly detect the connection to the server has been dropped?

EDIT: also worth mentioning, the described behavior was noticed in the prod version, not the test-server one. Now that I think of it, this definitely should have not been posted in here :oops:

4. Jon

That's definitely worth reporting as a bug. I wasn't aware of that issue.

Bandreus likes this.
  5. Jon

New version 3.53.0 is up. Tweaked the cyber ranked boards and central processing league board to be a bit more readable.

Pawndawan and Xayrn like this.
  6. The dice rolls can finally keep up with the animation speed, great work!

On a side note, there are still some NPCs missing from the scenario editor.

7. Jon

Let me know what they are and I'll add them.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Apprentice Geomancer
    Beech Sapling
    Black Oozes2
    Brother Arun
    Demo Armored Skeletons
    Demo Skeleton Sorceror
    Demo Skeletons
    Demo Viridian Dragon
    Kobold Priest
    Kobold Priest2
    Kobolds1
    Kobolds2
    42 league monster groups (all except Anarchy)
    Maple Tree
    Trog Scuttlers2

9. Jon

I added all of these but the league monsters and the tutorial kobolds. I got tired of typing, but I might get to the league monsters sometime.

timeracers, Xayrn and Pawndawan like this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

@Jon, I bet if you provided an example of the data format you need, some enthusiast would type in the missing monsters for you. That is, if the data your code needs is available to us. Maybe it would even be effective to provide any extra data needed to a volunteer. It seems to me hobbyist outsourcing possibilities abound in this. Let those who want the results do the work :).

Pawndawan likes this.