Test Build 2.99.0 (9 Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Hey Farbs, here's the story.

For the most of my time engaging in Cardhunter, the experience has been very smooth, MP games don't lag, ect. However the past 2 months or so, a majority of the time Cardhunter has been pretty laggy, to the point that during MP battles it will freeze on playing a card, in which if you wait long enough, eventually a script will come up telling you that you have lost connection and to try again later. If you reload the page when it freezes, it may sometimes resolve the lag issue, but not always. During this strange lag period of just under 2 months, I played in some Co-op games, and here's where it happens.

Just like a regular MP battle that freezes, the game will freeze, so you reload the web page. As usual, it asks you if you want to rejoin your MP battle, you click yes. :p
    You are now able to continue on as usual, but your team chat is gone.

This has happened twice during co-op, in two separate games. I am proud to say that the lag issues in Cardhunter seem to have abated, the game runs smoothly!

I appreciate your efforts in making the game awesomer!

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Have you tested this on the test server with the latest build?

3. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah. There are some pretty massive changes on the test server regarding co-op reconnection - the largest being that I'd now expect it to work. Unlike on the current live server build.

Fifjunior7 and Flaxative like this.
  5. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Ahh woops. I feel really silly right now. :eek:

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, so long as they have that adventure unlocked. Otherwise they play it in the same way as when you replay an adventure having completed it already that day - you get limited loot, no fairy, less XP etc.

The quest restrictions apply to everyone, and everyone can complete the quest. In an interesting twist, you can use this to earn quest completion rewards multiple times, as only the party leader has to have not completed the test for you to enter it. I suspect that players who have freshly completed the campaign are going to find themselves quite popular.

Then they can't enter battle, and battle doesn't begin, until they fix that.

Yes. When you're in a team you see your party's co-op roster on the clipboard, rather than its solo roster. So you can just grab any of your regular party members and add them to the clipboard. They will have the same item loadout as in solo play.

There's a new build up already with campaign co-op enabled. I'm sure the release notes will appear soon. So, in that build, everything!

Sir Veza likes this.