Test Build 2.56.0 (17 Oct 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Fixed the Halloween store location and bunch of other miscellaneous bugs.

World Map
    • Fixed location of Halloween store.
    Adventures
    • Deleted unused adventure description text.
    Hints
    • Fixed some hints.
    Story
    • Fixed some typos/spelling/grammar issues.
    Premade Parties
    • Premade party store uses the optimized inventory loading system. Should speed up that screen for users with large collections.
    Battle
    • Client ignores instructions after battle is over. Should fix client crash when resigning while instructions are being processed.
    Cards
    • Fixed a bunch of overflowing card names.
    • Removed the pointless Stealthy keyword for Ooze Maze.
    • Mystical wyrmhide will now reflect attachments back for multi-target cards (e.g. cones).
    • Swap won't affect enemies with Stone Feet attached.
    Monsters
    • Standardised Nom Gravy's name.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Halloween store still overlays MM#3 on the map for me. I don't know if this has to do with the fact that the Halloween store was revealed on my map some days ago and MM#3 just appeared for me for the first time when I just now completed MM#4.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Prompt CompassofXorr5: "Oh dear, I think I forgot to add subtract two from your climbing roll due to inebriation." (by Gary)
    Two issues:
    - Did you want to eliminate Gary saying "Oh dear"?
    - "forgot to add subtract two" -> Should that "add" really be there? "forgot to subtract two from your climbing roll" would seem to make a lot more sense.

Prompt StaffordsTreasure3:
    "The Compass of Magellen" -> Magellan (unless you're deliberately having Gary say his name wrong)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

TreeFortsoftheGoblinKing3:
    "Let's just get on with the mincing goblins!"

This might not be achieving the effect you probably were going for. Or did you mean for the kids to be soon propositioning the effeminate little greenskins?
    "Let's just get on with mincing the goblins!" might be the more traditional slaughter-happy approach.

wavy likes this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

In the Citrine Demon Portal prompts there is mention of "Annals of the Abyss" and "the Abyssal Archive". Should these be "Abysm" and "Abysmal" instead? "Abysm" is what the place the demons are coming from is called in e.g. the Ruby Demon Portal cover page and one would imagine Blue Manchu would keep straight the name of such a trademarkable plane of existence in their official publications. Unless you were deliberately going for a slight shoddiness on the part of the publisher of Card Hunter in the world of Gary and friends?

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Throne of Strench, battle 3 Aftermath:
    "these flesh eating horrors" -> flesh-eating

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Halloween store still overlapping MM3.

Some cards are still giving warnings: Dwarven Battle Cry, Elvish Insight, Lunging Thrust.

And something in the custom map I'm working on is seriously screwing things up (and I'm starting to run out of alts to test with), but I can't figure out what. The last line in the logs is "Battle joined."

8. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I seem to have a problem with loading saved parties - some of the equipment from the dismissed characters doesn't go back into the inventory as it does in live (but some does). Anyone else seeing the same?

9. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Think I've worked out what's happening - if the characters you're loading have less equippable slots than the current party, only the items from the available slots are returned to the inventory.

10. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Forest of Souls aftermath text:

"Gary, desert's ready!"

11. Jon

Oops. Will fix properly.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Played White Star Diamond, and only got 3 items in the final chest. I assume when you took out the special loot tables, you forgot to add that value back to the regular loot column. Also check Diamonds of the Kobolds and Slub'Gut.

13. Jon

Yes, Blue Manchu refers to it as the "Abysm". The official publication discussing it is the "Annals of the Abysm".

Gary refers to it as the Abyss, since he's not familiar with the difference between and Abyss and an Abysm.

14. Jon

Did you get the White Star Diamond? Was it the first time you'd completed the adventure?

15. Jon

Ah, yeah, I see, those adventures will award one less item on any recompletion. Will fix.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes and yes (also got the Loot Fairy).