Test Build 2.53.0 (14 Oct 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A quick build patch to fix some issues from 2.52.0 together with some ongoing balance work and work on the friends system.

Friends
    • Added search functionality for friends list
    Chat
    • Fixed duplicate chat panels after reconnect bug
    • Chat box no longer plays any sound when it isn't visible (eg in deckbuilder or campaign map)
    Reconnection
    • Reconnect dialog now prompts you to click OK rather than refresh the page
    Adventures
    • Fixed XP not being awarded for exhausted adventure completion
    • Removed old loot tables that should have been deleted from server data.
    • Fixed only getting 1/2 XP for unprimed adventures (and vice-versa).
    Prompts
    • Fixed some typos/wording.
    Modules
    • Fixed White Star module cover typo.
    Cards
    • Added Short Blast and Blast arcane attack cards for monsters.
    Monsters
    • Replaced sparks with arcane attacks for acid imp, arcane imp, kobold priest, trog wizard, strench, Lumbrezz the Mad, novice geomancer and ogre magicker.
    Deck Builder
    • Don't scroll to inactive character sheet stack when you have an empty party but there's nothing there.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Chat button in SP works now, but it only shows comments made by players in SP, not MP lobby.

Searching for friends returns no results.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, from the old player standpoint it would be very very nice if Blue Manchu could change the system for guaranteed loot drops thusly:
    - When a player completes an adventure with a guaranteed drop, check if the item has ever been awarded.
    - If not, award it.
    Of course, this would mean adding a new permanent flag to items, "awarded" etc. However, these changes would be a permanent solution to this problem for all future new guaranteed drops also. This system would make a LOT of players happy. Especially if Blue Manchu set the awarded flag to "false" for all players with no White Star Diamond in their inventory :D. Ah, we were so young and naïve back when we sold ours...

4. Jon

If you really want the White Star Diamond and you sold it a while back, email support@cardhunter.com and I'm sure we can fix you up.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

What's that distant rumbling coming from down under? Oh, it's just the avalanche of email currently burying Jon :).

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Oh, and @Neoncat, are you paying attention?

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I logged back onto the test server and it told me to check out Multiplayer. I did and Gary prompts me to "Click the Premade Party Shop". It took some scanning to find what he was talking about as the shop is not highlighted (could it be? would be good) and it's actually named "Premade Parties". I'd change the prompt to "Click the Premade Parties shop" (with a lowercase shop) or even "Click the Premade Parties icon" to be that little bit clearer.

After clicking the icon the next prompt says "This is the Premade Party Shop" while the large title at the top of the screen is "Premade Party Store" :D.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I replayed Diamonds of the Kobolds (first time today). I got appropriate XP, 20 for level 2 characters. The end chest was CCU(U). There were only occasional treasure in the three chests.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I replayed Diamonds of the Kobolds (second time today). I got appropriate XP, 10 for level 3 characters. The end chest was CU(C). There were only occasional treasure in the three chests.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The mysterious speech bubble button now opens the World chat (whatever that is, I'm guessing it posts to WhatsApp).

smiley

11. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ha, no it's just a Lobby equivalent. In fact I'm going to merge the Lobby and World chats into one tomorrow so that everyone can talk to everyone else.
    I did have a look for a WhatsApp API just then though :)

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I wonder, will this give everyone a way to see all online SP players? With 250,000 online players we might get quite a player list dumped on us :).

13. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ha, we're yet to see that many people online at the same time, but I did realise I'd need to limit the number of names returned by the player search function so nobody accidentally pulled all 250,000 across the network.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typos:

Wizard's Workshop / Level 2 / Gary prompt:
    "menaching buzz-saws" -> menacing buzzsaws (no h and no hyphen, the card says Buzzsaw (dictionaries spell it buzz saw, with a space but let's at least be consistent))

3 Workshop Apex:
    intro page: "mechanical monstrositiy" -> monstrosity
    Gary: Broze Golem -> Bronze

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ruby Outer Ring / Gary:
    "two Fire imps" -> Imps

Lizardman Feast Hall / Gary:
    "an Black Ooze" -> a

Slub Gut's Chamber intro page / Gary:
    "Why is there an apostrophe in Slub'Gut?"
    There is no longer an apostrophe in his name. It was taken out when the game was originally released. This bit of dialog probably needs to be replaced.

Also, Gary's next prompt uses "Slub'Gut". This is currently inconsistent with how the name is spelled elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I've played the campaign up to the prison rescue. Everything has been fine so far. It's of course hard for me to gauge the difficulty with all my baggage of previous Card Hunter experience but I've hit no walls so far. The new hints by Gary have seemed helpful. The story feels a little bit streamlined based on my recollections from about a year back. A pretty smooth experience.

The reward system has worked ok. I've not wanted for money as I haven't coveted after the high-rarity stuff as it's been unusable due to the tokens. I'm looking forward to being able to sell items.

I've mostly listed typos as there hasn't been anything else out of joint to comment on so far :).

17. Jon

Thanks for the bugs. Will fix.

18. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Were those diamonds ever sent out? Not sure if anyone else got theirs, but I know I didn't.

(I sent an email maybe 3-4 weeks ago)

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I got mine.