Test Build 2.16 (21 May 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, May 21, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Couple of quick league fixes from the last build (thanks everyone who tested).

Leagues
    • Don't award league prizes to players in unfilled pods.
    • If you've won no games in a league, you always are in last place.
    I'm scheduling some more test leagues now at the following times (all GMT, check the server for your local times):
    • Graveyard Gambol: Wed 21 May 8am
    • Death March: Wed 21 May 12pm
    • Graveyard Gambol: Wed 21 May 4pm
    • Death March: Wed 21 May 8pm
    • Graveyard Gambol: Thu 22 May 12am

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The test server is closed for maintenance. Same issue as the previous times. Maybe change something in the build deployment process if it's always the same root cause?

If you manually need to set the server to public mode after an update, would it be better if it was automatically done to avoid these problems? Or have two update scripts, one which automatically sets the server to public mode? Or a reminder pop-up after the update etc.

These have quite likely already been considered, but just throwing these out there. I'm sure the smooth running of the update-test cycle is to everyone's benefit.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Got it, thanks. I've turned off maintenance mode. There's a league open for entries right now if you're keen, btw. And yes, we should do something about this. I accidentally left the server in maintenance mode for about 20 minutes the other day after an emergency reboot. Whoops.

Jarmo likes this.
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I tested Graveyard Gambol with three accounts. Everything went OK.

First account played two matches and won one. It got second place and got one Epic chest and one Magnificent chest as is correct.
    Second account played one match and won zero. It got last (fifth) place and got three Magnificent chests as is correct.
    Third account played zero matches and won zero. It got last (fifth) place and got three Magnificent chests as is correct.

Farbs and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I tested Death March with one account. Everything went OK.

The pod didn't fill. I got the refund notice and won zero chests.

Jon and Farbs like this.
  6. Farbs

Thanks. Did you get a notification after the league ended, or just one notification when the pod failed? The league-end notification isn't supposed to happen, and should be fixed in this build.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I wasn't in-game when the league ended. When I entered the game a few hours later, I got the refund notice (pod didn't fill). No league-end notice.

8. Farbs

Great, thanks!