Test Build 1.59 (11 Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

In my opinion, the sentence reads a lot better without it.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, I didn't realise there was a newer version of the Master's Manor board. I'll update that.

3. Jon

I'm adding the credits now.

Jarmo likes this.
  4. Jon

Thanks for all the spelling and grammar notes. I'm fixing now.

Jarmo likes this.
  5. Jon

Yeah, the heavy black lines are really supposed to indicate Blocked terrain. It's a bit beyond my remit to start editing the boards though. This board relies on those square being Impassable, not Blocked and we really only ever use lava or water to indicate that.

If anyone wants to have a go at editing this board I'd be happy to reconsider it.

6. Jon

Each time you reconnect, you automatically signal that you are still active. It's no different to clicking the Snoozi prompt away.

If you fail to reconnect within the Snoozi interval, you should get a loss. However, you obviously shouldn't get a blank screen, so that's a bug.

7. Jon

All client history gets lost on reconnect. We could try to save and resend things like the log, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

8. Jon

Oh, I see Farbs already did.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Actually, looking at it again the sentence reads a lot better with the comma. Thanks for the link, I had heard of this practice but never got well acquainted with it. This should serve me well in proofreading to come.

10. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I've made a modified version of Binding of Xanthicius that covers the heavy black lines, if you would like to use that instead. Thanks to Kalin for pointing out that this discussion was even happening.

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Reconnect in SP battles works great, except that commentary by Karen/Gary on your first time through an adventure re-appears at the start of your next turn.

12. Jon

Hmm, I don't know if that's an improvement. It's clear now that they don't block sight but less clear that you can't move into them. I'll probably just leave the board the way it is - I think it works as is.