Test Build 1.59 (11 Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Fixes to the last test build (mainly timer issues when reconnecting to an MP battle). Also, added Mauve Manticore 3!

Adventures
    • Mauve Manticore 3.
    Monsters
    • Added a bunch of monster large portraits for Mauve Manticore.
    Characters
    • Re-add one of the relaxed restrictions on character names (no sequential whitespace)
    Client
    • Fixed wonky background tray rendering. Had forgotten to reset a shared display matrix.
    Battles
    • Don't try to start/stop timers on battles that don't have a time limit.
    • Fix some issues with timers when players reconnect to battles.
    Figures
    • Changed mechanical dwarf wizard figure voice.
    • Removed the new flag from the Vulcan dwarf figures.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mauve Manticore 3, battle 3 is way too hard :)

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

In case anyone else is wondering how to access Mauve Manticore 3 on the test server, you need to complete the level 7 single player adventure "Beneath the Frozen Earth" to unlock it (thanks, Phaselock!).

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mauve Manticore 3 Supplement is very fun. Also, congrats to all the mapmakers who got into the latest edition.

A bit of feedback regarding the module names, though. Having MM1, MM2, MM2 Supplement, MM3, and MM3 Supplement is a bit clunky. What makes something a supplement? Feels weird. I understand why you don't want six missions in the same module... but why not release Mauve Manticore more frequently? So MM2 Supplement would be MM3; MM3 would be MM4; MM3 Supplement would be MM5. Seems easier and more intuitive (for players), especially as the line grow :)

Also, so cool to see the Sorcererers immortalized in Tuknir's scenario. That's awesome. At least one grammatical error in the prologue, though, something about "a outpost" I think? I can't double check easily without playing through the previous battle in the module :p

And yeah the visual glitch I reported in the previous build is fixed. Nice!

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typo in the battle 1 "Ruined Entrance" description of the "Mauve Manticore #3 Supplement": "No one remains to sound to alarm", to -> the.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

lockphase invited phaselock to a casual match. Snoozi popped up for phaselock, phaselock refreshed browser while lockphase stayed in game. Chat shows 'phaselock has disconnected'. Phaselock relogged but snoozi countdown reached before relogging completed. lockphase got the win and phaselock gets the 'failed to join battle msg'. Clicking ok gives me a blank non-interactive screen. lockphase is showing phaselock in MP lobby, tho.

[​IMG]

Nice simple easy bug :)

I have not managed to relog within the 30s snoozi interval, people with a better bandwidth are welcome to try.
    edit: I finally managed to relog within 30s so every time snoozi pops up, I do a browser refresh and relog. Snoozi does not show after reconnect, the idle timer resets so after another 2 mins of idling...I wait for snoozi to pop up again and d/c. By repeatedly doing so, I'm able to 'bypass' snoozi, wai ?

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

lockphase invited phaselock to another casual game. Game started and in round 2, phaselock refreshed browser while lockphase triggered snoozi. snoozi countdown expired and lockphase lost. phaselock did not relog but match results showed phaselock as winner.

The question here is: should there have been a winner in the first place ?

edit: should enemy/new cards remain on screen after reconnect ? Also, any way to retain battle log ? at least for the last card played ?

8. There is a typo on the Bindings of Xanthicius mission. "Thus, it cunningly prepared a cloned a second body for it's soul to inhabit, should it ever be defeated in battle." This could be corrected as "Thus, it cunningly prepared and cloned a second body for its soul to inhabit, should it ever be defeated in battle...".

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Since I'm not on the test server, can anyone tell me which monsters got new/large portraits? (<-- CH art fan)

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typos in the battle 2 "Guild Outpost" description of "Mauve Manticore #3":
    "Recently the dastardly and coward members of a enemy guild that worship the" -> "Recently the dastardly and cowardly members of a enemy guild that worships the" or "Recently the dastardly, coward members of a enemy guild that worships the"
    "in their way is a outpost" -> "in their way is an outpost"
    "Defend yourself again the evil doers" -> "Defend yourself against the evildoers"

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Its simple to make an account. Its free, and you get all the pizza you want.

New portraits: War Dogs, Practiced Geomancers, Guardians of Shadow, Guard Dogs, and Armored Dogs.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore #3 battle 2 is too hard. The powerful burning area attacks of the enemies combined with little cover and flimsy player characters make this a chore. Just finished my third try. My last character died with one nearly full-strength demon still on the board. Not having fun.

I don't know if this is supposed to be a puzzle with a secret solution which leads to easy victory once discovered but so far it doesn't look that way.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typo in the battle 2 "Broken Cloister" description of the "Mauve Manticore #3 Supplement":
    "with a quiet fountain flowing into crystal clear pool" -> "with a quiet fountain flowing into a crystal clear pool"
    "one side of the cloister, and a squad of" -> delete the comma

14. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

is that theguild outpost? it isnt that hard battle, just wait for then to come near, use the geomancer to put some acid or lava on the enemy, use the telekinesis to position your rooks and blast away

edited:just did it, it was bit more harder they the last times,still i finished it with the 2 Rooks alive,only losing the mage and the geo on the turn before. you really need be careful,wait then,and make good use of telekinesis and teleport other and lava pool

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I found it quite challenging, but doable and fun. Battle #3 with Xanthy was waaaaaay harder, I beat it after scrubbing like seven or eight times.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore #3, battle 3 description:
    I'd go with "Thus, it cunningly prepared a cloned second body for its soul to inhabit, should it ever be defeated in battle." for the above.
    "divined it's location" -> "divined its location"
    "Sealed it behind ... , it would be unable to" -> "Sealed behind"
    "unable to awake, should it try to" -> delete the comma
    "Blessed Anrime, and Galedirer Earth-Changer" -> delete the comma
    "Galedirer Earth-Changer" -> "Galeldirer Earth-changer"

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore #3, battle 3 aftermath:
    "bindings are secure, Cardhuntria can rest" -> "bindings are secure and Cardhuntria can rest"

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

All of the Mauve Manticore #3 and Supplement adventures are missing the attribution to their authors. You had those in the earlier issues.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I managed to win the "Guild Outpost" after a couple more tries. I still lost both Rooks to fireballs. In the end I won because the single remaining fire sprite fireballed itself to death.

The Xanthicius battle I won on the second or third try when I drew lots of healing. Go figure.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And even if you can't release them more frequently, I'd still like them to have different numbers.

I beat this my first try, and I think only my wizard died (I keep forgetting about windows). Got a little lucky with the geomancer's draws (2x Blooming Ground in round 2) and for some reason the enemies ignored him. The rest was just shuffling the rooks to where they could hit something.

These typos are entirely my fault. Please fix.
    Serial comma is not a typo. It's not a great sentence, but the comma stays.

Is there a reason you're not using the newest version of Master's Manor?

And in the Bindings of Xanthicius, the heavy black lines from the arena walls are really distracting. Maybe we could cover them with decals from the Yellow palette?

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.