Test Build 1.39 (8 Nov 2013)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This test build has two big new things: the balance changes announced previously and the winners of the custom board contest!

You can find the new custom boards on the campaign map under the Mauve Manticore icon. These adventures don't require a party and use pre-build characters. If you win, you get loot appropriate to your level, so they should be worth playing regardless of where you are in the campaign. They unlock after you complete Beneath the Frozen Earth.

We'd definitely appreciate some testing of the rebalanced cards and items in this build, along with the Mauve Manticore adventure.

Other minor goodies: the much requested option to turn off the new chat drumbeat (completely off, only for battle chat or as it is now). Also, the chat scroll behavior should be better now.

The Halloween store is off in this build and the Halloween figures are removed from the costume store. They may or may not come back next year.

Adventures
    • Mauve Manticore has arrived!
    • Mauve manticore awards loot at player level.
    • Fixed two typos in scenario text.
    • Fixed a prompt bug in Alet Zhav.
    Cards
    • Changed Unholy Power to Demonic Power. Added 3 unpreventable self damage, removed damage to target. Turned into pure Assist card. Changed range to 3.
    • Changed Demonic Feedback to draw one card, range 3. Made self damage unpreventable.
    • Changed Demonic Revenge to do 5 unpreventable self damage.
    • Removed Demonic Pain from the game.
    • Increased per card damage on Ouch from 2 to 3.
    • Increased per card damage on Brain Burn from 2 to 3.
    • Made Dwarven Battle Cry unblockable.
    • Made Inspiring Presence unblockable.
    • Made Inspiring Armor only trigger from enemy sourced damage.
    Items
    • Replaced Demonic Revenge with Demonic Miasma on Demon Charm 2.
    • Replaced Demonic Pain with Demonic Revenge on Deadonomicon, Infernal Boots, Demonic Blade, Incsense of the Caged Demon, Tome of the Withering Source, Neophyte's Healing Ring, Pain Hat.
    • Fixed the no loot tag on items (no more Goldlead Blade in loot).
    • Fixed the Hell Cauldron's power token requirement.
    Shops
    • Turned off halloween shop.
    Figures
    • Removed halloween figures from store.
    Multiplayer
    • Switch MP to (updated) gladius boards.
    • Chat doesn't auto-scroll on new message unless already scrolled to the end.
    • Made URLs in chat clickable links
    • Rename "battle alert" to "battle join alert".
    • Don't stop battle alert if it isn't showing (fixes null tab name).
    • Fixed issue with some user popups not being populated.
    Boards
    • Fixed two tiles in zombie pit.
    Options
    • No longer storing fullscreen option
    • Set the battle alert option properly from saved data.
    Audio
    • Added toggle for chat audio (drumbeat) level (all, battle only or none).
    Board Editor
    • adjusted board editor palettes
    Custom Scenarios
    • Fixed cockroach use in custom scenarios.

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. The clipboard when you loot chests in mauve manticore is empty. It looks a bit weird, but since you don't use your party I guess you cannot change it.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just logged in, completed Dungeon of the Lizard Priest and bought an epic chest from Chest and Barrel and it contained Halloween items. My shop (Kyburz Market) also had a blazing Skull for sale. Wai ?

4. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

The text on Brain Burn still states that it deals 2 damage per magic card (it does actually deal 3 damage, though).

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So the Halloween content will officially be gone when this goes live? Can we please have at least 48 hours warning before that happens?

6. Neofalcon

Also, on the second Mauve Manticore Map, I drew another "Immovable" Trait when I had only one door left, and it wouldn't let me play the trait (I assume this is a result of this bug). It didn't prevent me from playing other cards, it just stayed there...bouncing up and down.

7. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

So. Just finished playing the Manticore builds, and I thought I'd share my thoughts on the maps.

First map with the elves was quite fun. I recognized the party as the elf party from Cardstock II, and it was quite fun to play with their decks and experiment with Contagion. They were well equipped to handle the map they were thrown in (movement against the geomancer, freezing for the ogre, piercing attacks for the golems). It was definitely my favorite of the three.

Second map was a bit more...ehh. While I like the thought of having to defend a fortress under siege, the board itself got a little messy and hard to keep track of after a while. While it wasn't exactly hard, I think even the computer was struggling at one point and could have easily overran me with a few better plays despite my best efforts, and frankly, the ending makes no damn sense, since all that was required for victory (in my game) was getting three VPs, and then killing the three weakest monsters I could find. And frankly, the priest decks were incredibly uninteresting. At the end though, it seemed as though the priests had just slaughtered everyone (just going on the flavor text here) and went back to breakfast. Yeah...not really buying it since there were still about ten goblins and an Ogre left at the end of it. Also, I can't help but think that this map was built before the doors had their hitpoints nerfed from 15 to 10.

Third map was honestly a bit confusing in its mechanics. The flavor text did hint that you should avoid the VPs in this case, but it still felt pretty odd. Still, I liked the change of pace to a puzzle map rather than a straight combat one. I hope to see more scenarios in which you play the monsters in the future.

Again, I like the idea and I'm looking forward to playing more maps created by the community, although at the same time I'm hoping that we'll see specially designed challenge maps that we can take on with our regular parties for guaranteed shots at Rare or better loot like in MP.

8. Neofalcon

Yeah, I'd like to echo these sentiments. On the second map, it was certainly also built before the card draw nerfs, and since the party is entirely priests, it does feel like they've taken a bit of hit in terms of how powerful they are.

Also, this map is the first time that most players will be controlling a group of monsters, and people may not know that after selecting a card (in this case, just the trait) they need to select which monster to use it. It might be a good idea to have Gary explicitly explain both this and the VP tile swap on the last map.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was wondering if that might be a problem. We could invert the highlights and change the flavor text to be something like "safe tiles glow" or something. Could a dev unlock the Manticore for Kalin? I haven't had much time to play recently, test or live server.

10. Jon

No, not WAI. Will fix.

11. Jon

Will try to give decent warning about the build deploy live.

12. Jon

Fixing this now.

13. Jon

I've unlocked it for you.

14. kogi

kogi Ogre

OK, what unlocks Beneath the frozen earth?

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

According to wiki: Slub'Gut's Sanctum

kogi likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Actually, any level 5 or level 6 dungeon will unlock it, except Defense of Woodhome. And the level 5 dungeons are unlocked by completing any level 3 or 4 dungeon, and those are unlocked by visiting your keep.

17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So I haven't logged in in a couple days and when I did I noticed a treasure I never had before. Demon Skull Snuffbox. Where did this come from?

18. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Check latest patch notes. Hint hint.

19. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Oh, duh. I checked here looking for notes. I didn't see the other thread. Thanks, Pengw1n!