Test Build 1.34 (10 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's a new test build. You'll probably notice the new lobby layout. Hard to test the new features without a bunch of people online but let us know if you notice anything odd.

It's now possible to edit your party pre-battle. Let us know if this causes any problems. I also made a bunch of changes to the story prompts which means that a bunch of them that used to require a pressing continue should now just go away automatically. That might cause some problems - hopefully not though.

The algorithm for ranked game queueing continues to be tweaked. In particular, the wait time after you quickly resign a match.

There are also a bunch of other performance and debugging changes that should just result in faster loading or less lag - like better caching of assets.

Multiplayer
    • New lobby layout.
    • MP user list should no longer change scroll position when refreshed.
    • Added sort buttons to lobby user list.
    • Changed 'next reward' icon to be smaller.
    • Resized scenario list in casual game picker.
    • Changes to queuing algorithm after a quick loss (resigning quickly means you wait longer for the next match).
    Adventures
    • You can now edit your party pre-battle during an adventure.
    • Disabled pay to restart adventure if fail on first battle (it's pointless)
    • Fixed typo on Rescue cover
    • Added "Imp-proof Robes" as a guaranteed loot drop from Highway Robbery adventure
    • Adjusted pre-battle text of Bluk, Goblin Chieftain, to make it clear he's a Goblin Hulk
    • Properly re-re-fixed scenario text for Wizard's Workshop
    Monsters
    • Changed Bluk to look like a Goblin Hulk.
    Hints
    • Removed duplicate scenario display names, and updated Hints file to use display names instead of scenario names
    • Added post-loss hints for Melvelous the Magnificent
    • Added post-loss hints for Lord Stafford's Treasure
    • Added or altered hints for Ruby Demon Portal, Highway Robbery, Throne of Strench, Compass of Xorr, Order of the Core
    Campaign
    • Made button position on quit adventure overlay more consistent.
    Cards
    • Reworded Solid Wood rules.
    • Update the Block keywords to make clear that they block effects, not targeting.
    Items
    • Fixed icon for massive harm item.
    Performance
    • Use the client version number instead of a timestamp for caching of assets
    Story
    • Made all deckbuilder prompts consistent about auto-dismissal (on deckbuilder or screen change).
    • Fixed a bunch of grammar stuff.
    Tutorial
    • When setting tutorial flags, only resend the qualified adventures if the client requests it. Flag prompts that need new qualified adventure data. World screen only updates current adventure when the current adventure actually changes. Fixes some tutorial scrolling issues.
    Audio
    • Added unholy, holy and poison damage audio.
    • Default global volume to 7.
    Pizza
    • Edited basic edition picture to make it clear that it includes a fixed set of figures.
    Internal Stuff
    • Add some null checks to prevent error call stacks
    • Attempt to retry database calls that are killed due to deadlock
    • Extend exception handling to allow more information in logs
    • Throw an unimplemented error on some interface methods of the DB class, just to make sure we're not trying to use them.
    • Don't throw an error notifying friends when the player object has already been cleaned up.
    • Break up leaderboard transactions to better avoid deadlocks
    • Additional information in some PayPal error logging to more easily connect detailed messages with transactions
    • Fix an error recording purchases made with Google Wallet
    • Reset account and reset all accounts DB procs reset last mp loss time.
    • Fix a database error where the connection is closed before committing results
    • Reduce the severity level of auth failure and duplicate login messages
    • Update room field in battle table to support larger room names

2. Jon

Uh oh, problem with this build. Deploying a fix now.

3. Jon

New build up.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's hard to test without knowing what the time is supposed to be.

Great! But I'm not sure that "Try Again" is the right label for the button to go back.

It would be better to not count failed attempts on the first level.

New loot! Wait, are they supposed to be common?? (server went down for maintenance before I could grab a screenshot) EDIT: I lost connection on the loot screen, it failed to reconnect, refreshing gave me a down for maintenance, forced refreshes didn't work and I had to clear cache to get the login prompt. And now after login it says the server is down for maintenance. Did I pick a bad time to test?

Lol, just like he used to be! *plays adventure* Ooooh, a Hulk with a crown!

5. Jon

Yeah, sorry I had to deploy a couple of quick fixes. Test should be stable for a while now.

6. Jon

That's true. It was just easier to hack this change in first.

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

MP lobby

chests are overlaying the dotted line in the background. Perhaps just remove the line altogether ?

Rating sort in the lobby doesn't work ? I find phaselock (1083) always below jon_admin (561). Also the sort buttons don't stay 'depressed' so I have no idea what sort mode I'm last at.

Question: Invite player list in 'create casual game' is sorted according to name ?

Adventures

I have a party of 3 dwarfs (lvl 3 x 1, lvl 2 x 2). The first time I go to the lair of the trog wizard, click begin adventure and then modify party. Gary's tells me that one of my party characters is over the limit blah blah blah. It does not re-occur if I exit and re-enter. Nor does it reoccur for other similar level advs.

If you click begin adventure, modify party, return to map, refresh browser, re-login, campaign button. The screen shows the party sheets with the inv but Gary's intro (tested for the lair of the trog wizard) is triggered.

If you click begin adventure, modify party, onward, return to map, re-enter adv, modify party and it brings you to the battle loot screen with open empty chest. Also happens if you click begin adventure, return to map, re-enter adv, modify party.

If you click begin adventure, modify party, return to map, re-enter adv, you get the store/retrieve button. However, the normal begin adventure, modify party does not show store/retrieve.

Something is majorly off with the 'modify party' in this build.

8. Jon

I found the sorting bug.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Is there any way to get this item if you've already completed the adventure?

10. Jon

It will show up as usual in regular loot, but there's no way to guarantee getting it.

11. Jon

This is intentional. However, Ben might change it.

12. Jon

I have no idea about this. I'll try to repro it though.

13. Jon

This is all due to the internal state of "pre-adventure" or "mid-adventure". I'll try to fix the store/retrieve being missing from the pre-adventure party editing at least.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the quick answer!

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

This is no longer reproducible. iirc, phaselock was on ffox and lockphase on IE. Everything on the same PC. I closed IE and refreshed ffox, login lockphase in ffox. Then clicked lair of trog wizard (as reported). Phaselock's party is all lvl 10+ while lockphase is as stated.

Some more minor bugs. Typo in post loss hint from ruby demon portal: Check line of sight by mousing over a monster. Green squares are ones it can see!

Tested bad medicine, I can hear the bubbling audio fine. Tested wavering faith and some melee drain cards, I don't hear the difference. What is supposed to trigger holy and unholy audio damage?

16. progammer

progammer Ogre

It's a common level 6 robe. It will shows up in your lvl 6 shops for sure. Just give it a few days of rotation if it doesn't yet.

Just for the information: 1x Resistant Hide, 2x Reliable Hide Armor

Jarmo likes this.
  17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks for the info, Progammer!

18. That's a really awesome robe card. Can I put it on my warrior?

19. Jon

I looked at all the oddities to do with quitting out while modifying party before the first battle of an adventure. While there are some inconsistencies, I don't think any of them are too bad. I did fix the empty chest showing up in the wrong place. I also fixed a similar bug where if you go back and modify a party mid adventure you see items in the chest that have already been removed.

20. Jon

Sorry, might have overstated that commit info. Unholy is just using arcane damage audio for now.