Test Build 1.25 (29 Sep 2013)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

New build up with a bunch of bug fixes. Thanks very much to everyone who helped test 1.23 and 1.24 - there were a lot of of big DB changes.

Adventures
    • Changed WW module cover to show 3 battles instead of 4.
    • Quote some database field names
    Multiplayer
    • Fix a bad parameter ID when updating win status
    • Be a little less restrictive on locks for leaderboard updates
    Party Management
    • Fix calling the wrong procedure in RequestPartyHandler
    • Fix db query error causing MP party store/retrieve to fail.
    Login
    • Reorder some calls at login time to prevent a possible database deadlock.
    Console
    • Add 'cls' as an alias for 'clearlog' in the console
    Shops
    • Fix up buyback tooltip, fix buyback lockout to work correctly when the player has less than the normal selling price of the item

2. WW module cover still shows 4 battles.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I recall these being fixed before 1.23 but its back again.

a) Buying a character (with a full clipboard) merely displays the char sheet on the left. Buying a second char onwards will show the char sheet moving from right to left. Same for removing a char from clipboard to reserve.
    b) Newly bought chars are not showing their basic items, ie, Blunt Swords, beginner's staves etc in the char sheet ... Have to exit and re-enter for those items to appear.

This one wasn't fixed yet but since its a major rework, might as well put it up:

c) buy two different chars, click 'remove from party' on the clipboard will remove the second bought char while the display is NOT the said char.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Current:
    Armory has 1 beginner's staff (BS) on sale for 5 gold, I have 4 BS in inv. If I sell 1 BS to the shop, the display updates to 1 gold for both BS in the shop. Which means that whichever BS I bought next would cost 1 gold and then the remaining BS would revert back to 5 gold. This is perfectly fine.

Problem:
    I see 1 blessed demon claw (BDC) at 100 gold in Randimar's. I sell 1 BDC for 5 gold in Armory. Now it shows 5 gold to buyback, right ? Except that if I go to RR, the BDC there is still priced at 100 gold. So there are now two BDC's in different shops at different prices. If I were to start my day selling stuff to shops only later to buyback, I'd be screwed if I bought back from the wrong shop. Potentially confusing, imo.

Assuming fix: apply the price changes across shops, would the code break if there were high level items in shops not meant for them ?

edit: also spotted this. Items sold to shops are not sorted properly when using the 'sort by cost' filter. They are being sorted by their 'old' price.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nope. At the end of beta, I sold lots of high level epics and legendaries to the Armory. Though there were some twitches from crtl-clicking faster than the server can respond, but that's only a problem when someone is selling their entire collection.

And my Pawn Shop suggestion wouldn't care about different prices, because buy back never happens in regular shops. You'd have to rewrite bits of the early tutorial, but I think it's a bad idea to encourage new players to sell all their extra items.

6. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I see the first sheet animating in this case. I wonder if it's related to animation speed settings.

I can definitely confirm this one. Also confirmed that it's happening whether or not you already have one of that item (i.e. for totally new characters).

Others known bugs that we've found with the current build:

- MP games vs AI are missing the AI name in the game list.
    - Daily and Weekly leaderboards aren't updating.

7. Jon

I think these bugs are all existing issues, not new things.

I should probably take some time to look at the character addition/removal/moving code soon. Trouble is, that code bends my brain.

8. Jon

With regard to the buyback from a different shop - I think it's OK for you to have to go back to the same shop to retrieve something. This is really intended to address short-term "oops I didn't mean to sell that issues".

It's entirely possible we may add a buy-back shop to address the issue of longer term seller remorse.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I just adjusted anim settings from 9 to 3, still seeing and able to repro fine. I missed this in the bugpost: You need a full clipboard with no reserve chars before recruiting the first char. Browser: ffox

ok, as long as devs are aware, its fine. Testing for multiple games kinda screws my memory. :p

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And right now the "add to party" button doesn't work for the third party slot. Jason was on when I found this last night and he thought he found the problem, so it should be fixed next build.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I made a MP party with my SP chars (2 x D + 1 H) and stored it as Party 1.

I bought a starter pack (adventurers) and made it inactive. I retrieved Party 1 and the chars + items were retrieved correctly. But all the starter pack char sheets have empty item slots. Items are emptied into inv. Seems like store/retrieve is still borked ?

edit: tested same for SP, newly recruited chars have their eq stripped after retrieving a party.

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

phaselock unlocked Gary's MP prompt in campaign, went to MP lobby...he says to pick up free starter pack, I go into the shop but did not buy adventurers as I alr had a single dwarf wiz in MP party. Exited and queued against Gary for first game.

Won but the chest is a standard two item chest instead of the 4 item gold chest. (BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Celestial Koi,Room=phaselock vs Gary,RoomID=85)

Then queued again for game 2, won and its the standard two item chest. (BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Celestial Temple,Room=phaselock vs Amy,RoomID=86) When I exited from the loot screen, Gary prompted about me not having a starter pack but I ignored and queued anyway (and the prompt about playing against me if no-one could be found)...I presume all this is wai.

Game 3 came and went and its still the standard two item chest instead of the 4 item gold chest ?? (BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Celestial Koi,Room=phaselock vs Amy,RoomID=87)

13. Jon

I think this is how it has to work. Basically you're trying to retrieve a loadout state from a time when those characters didn't exist. To be consistent, their loadout has to get wiped in order for that to happen.

We could try to keep their current loadout, but that would be inconsistent since the items they need to use might be in use somewhere else.

Pretty sure this isn't new behaviour, anyway.

14. Jon

Fixed this. Thanks for picking this up!

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I could have sworn that wasn't what happened during beta ... but I gave it a whirl on live and its the same. :(
    tsk, tsk...I think i need to double test more... :eek:

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm ... the reinforced door is missing in Morvin's Revenge: last scenario... Morvin took its place. wai ?

[​IMG]

edit: Also the cockroaches only get 1 card in hand every turn for all scenarios in this adv.

17. jwallstone

jwallstone Kobold

When a character has more than one status effect that causes damage at the beginning of the turn, the damage icon is only shown for the first source of damage. The others still show up in the log. I believe actual damage is still applied correctly. I observed this multiple times when an enemy had Bad Medicine and a burning effect on them.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just tested a few adventures post today's maintenance build/whatnot. I'm getting level up gold chests double anims (the ones where the items overlay a closed chest) and adv icon double anims again, cf here. Haven't touched my anim speed since login.

Explicit case: Completed pools of slime, return to map unlocks Goblin bazaar, then temple of scales then Goblin Bazaar again and tomb of tvericus. Bazaar's icon and anims loaded fine the first time so camera basically panned to bazaar and reloaded the anims for it on the 2nd pass. Lemme know if its not a biggie and I'll stop logging it.

19. Jon

Fixed, both.

20. Jon

I'm not sure how much of a problem this is. You never see this behavior on the live build?