Swiss-style Tournament FINALS!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Stexe, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Tune in this weekend (Saturday, 8 PM UTC / 3 PM EST) for the finals of the Swiss-style Tournament!

Watch some of the best Card Hunter players duke it out for a grand prize of 850 pizza! Eren, illkill, Karstedt, and GunsmoKing will all enter the arena one last time to decide who is the ultimate champion!

Plus enter for your chance to win some pizza of your own! One random viewer will receive 80 pizza (enough pizza to purchase a figure in the costume shop)!

The finals will be a single elimination tournament with each match being a "best of 3" style game. It will take no more than 3 hours, and could be done in an 1 hour.

For the previous tournament look here: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/swiss-style-tournament-info-sign-up.5279/

Brackets and participants can be found here: http://challonge.com/CH_Swiss_01_FINAL

Prizes:
    1st: 850 pizza
    2nd: 600 pizza
    3rd: 450 pizza
    4th: 300 pizza

Additionally, all participants from the previous Swiss-tournament who stayed the entire time will also be entered to win pizza! The drawings will be done during the finals and the number of entries per will be based on previous tournament standings.

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. Stexe

Holder for updates

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Big money! I hope it's fun. I'm going to be busy with a ccg dev team meeting unfortunately and won't be able to spectate. Any Sorcs who DO show up, be sure to cheer for illkkill!

4. Stexe

5. Stexe

Congrats to everyone who entered! The following are the results!

1: Eren (850 pizza)
    2: Karstedt (600 pizza)
    3: illkkill (450 pizza [SRC]) (But actually 105 due to being SRC)
    4: GunsmoKing (300 pizza)

Drawing from last tournament (each person was given a number of entries based on where they played in the tournament, so 5th place got 20 entries while 24th place got 1 entry... I then did random drawings and disqualified anyone who didn't stay the entire tournament):

Flaxative (80 pizza [SRC]) (But actually 101 due to being SRC)
    tuknir (80 pizza [SRC]) (But actually 101 due to being SRC)
    jade303 (80 pizza)
    PaladinGP (80 pizza)
    Qivril (80 pizza)
    CT5 (101 due to being SRC)
    ArcadianRook (101 due to being SRC)
    Starcryst (101 due to being SRC)

The following people won pizza for spectating the finals:
    not369 (80 pizza)
    Stovepipe (80 pizza)
    Fridha (80 pizza)
    Qui11 (80 pizza)
    jday (80 pizza)

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I just handed out the prizes. Let me know if you think you didn't get your pizza, for any reason.

illkkill and Stexe like this.
  7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Big thanks to Stexe for running this!

Stexe likes this.
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Woo got pizza! I was quite surprised. :D
    Thanks Stexe, great job on the tourny!

Stexe likes this.
  9. Stexe

No problem. I'm just waiting for the new content to come out so we can continue our discussion on nerfing Whirlwind / Whirlwind Enemies... :-P
    Honestly, I only want the best for this game and for it to be competitive, enjoyable, and diverse with successful builds! =)

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Stexe, thanks for running the tournament!

illkkill, congrats on your placement!

Jon, thanks for putting up with the Sorcererers' prize-sharing structure :)

illkkill likes this.
  11. Stexe

I'm going to be setting up another tournament for later in the month. I'm going to post a discussion for it soon.

12. Stexe