Start a guild!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Regarding points won/lost in relation to rating differences - I agree, this was pretty darned unstable. I've tweaked a control parameter such that rating differences shouldn't have such a dramatic effect. Hopefully that'll help.

2. AngeloVolando

AngeloVolando Kobold

hey how I join a guild? :O

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Angelo, try asking in multiplayer chat or message one of the guild principals here on the forum. The guilds seem to actively recruit in MP chat.

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've noticed that Snorre (of Power of Fires) tends to recruit people immediately after playing against them.

5. [​IMG]

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

It seems more stable mow Farbs, thanks :) Too bad it allready costed us so much ;) and im sad to see you leave, especially after costing 104 points haha :D:D Well, hope you find happiness in your new guild :)

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I read that as "Power of Fries" and got hungry.

Sir Veza, Codde and Flaxative like this.
  8. Hey Farbs, is there a way you can look at regulating the [Contribution] awarded by beating un-guilded players? You could beat 20 un-guilded players 500 rating above you, lose to 1 person in a guild and still lose double what you gained that day... That doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps 5 points per win vs/unguilded players and 5 points per loss to normalize the values more?

9. Can you add a guild tag to names? That way it'd be really easy to create an auto-resign script vs Order of Melvins and save valuable clicking time.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

. . . Talk about a thread to miss.

This is fantastic. I particularly adore the "ceremonies." I tried to look through the history page to find such things and thought it could use a key. I was curious about the bestowing of titles, and as a result I found other behavior like "so-and-so impersonated a guild principal, to no effect" and "so-and-so attempted to desert a guild, but found they were not a member of one!" Um.

And then there's this: "[AI] could not bring kalin to ???, for kalin had pledged alliegeance to Designer's Den." Um?

One of these days, I may just have to create the Loquacious Screeds. Which would then basically serve as a "guild so I'm in a guild," with minimal entry requirement, 'cause it's not like I'm too attached to ratings. And they have yet to implement the hallmark items anyway.

. . .

. . . Farbs. Did you know that your "Card Hunter Meta" logo is a little loose on its nails?

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

*beams with pride*
    Gary wanted to join my guild, but someone switched the spawn points so he couldn't.;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That's just amazing.

Even though "allegiance" is misspelled. I'd still be proud.