[Suggestion] Items named after beta testers

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Keyser, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

After 2000+ forum posts, there should really be Sir Knight's Pen, which may or may not be mightier than Sir Knight's Sword.

Whoever has complained the most about Whirlwind Enemies should have boots with 3x Immovable named after them.

Anyway, it would be a nice way to show appreciation to those who have been particularly helpful beta testers.

Platouf and Kilopip like this.
  2. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Wonder who that was. ;) Haha, 3x Immovable shouldn't be the most stubborn?

At any rate, it would be cool to see the devs put some appreciation items into the game for some of the top beta guys. At least put some sort of a lance in the game and we can all just speculate!

3. progammer

progammer Ogre

I want Lance's Lance to be implemented, just for extra hilariousness.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Kilopip

Kilopip Mushroom Warrior

Great idea, would love to see some community lore snuck in there. :)

5. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

I've already got a pair of Epic Level 18 boots named after my real name.

Zachary's Boots

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

There used to be some of that stuff. For example for a short time i was the big scary boss at the end of the beta content. But forum names don't sit too well with the whole feel of the story so it was changed. Which i don't mind i already disliked people refusing to fight me in multiplayer out of fear having me be the last boss hardly helps....

ParodyKnaveBob and Generica like this.
  7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, I got my real name added to Melvin line at one time as well. Forum or game handles would work better for items though, agreed.

8. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, this would be cool. You know, not something big and flashy and in your face, but nice and subtle. Although, if they do it, they need to give the tester in question at least one copy of the item, because it would just be weird that the only person who didn't have Lockon's Awesome Sauce was Lockon himself. No, don't ask me what would be in it, the recipe is secret.

9. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

It's ground up Lockon of course!

10. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Oh no. No, don't get any ideas, don't you dare. NOOOOOOOOooooooo.......

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

12. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Sic transit gloria Cardhuntrii.

Good thing I took a screenshot back then :)
    [​IMG]

13. Pengw1n

Oh, didn't know that!

14. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Makes me wish I got into the beta earlier. Ah well, at least I got the good push on WWE (even if it's not going to get changed pre launch).

15. Pengw1n

Don't think that screencap is current, so there's no such blatant ones left - also, who knows - stick around and who knows what happens in expansions?

16. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

I believe some of you are still in the game. I just changed the names and used RL names rather than handles.

17. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Yeah, that particular reference is long gone. That's why I said 'back then' :)

18. Pengw1n

Just covering my back! Never even saw it when it was ingame, so cool you saved that.

19. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I didn't happen to screenshot the previous screen and I've already forgotten the details but that was from his rant about his previous tournament loss and about these damn newcomers...

Pengw1n likes this.
  20. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Aww. And it shall be the hallmark item of the Loquacious Screeds.

But personally I'm amused by all the silly things that ARE in the game. Hello, Xemu's Crown. Reference to the tax dodgers, or the former Looking Glass employee?