Server Queue

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 13, 2013.

1. progammer

progammer Ogre

That would make sense to finish discarding all characters then send these packets at once. However, there are cards that triggers on discard effect. Due to this limitation, each discard has to be processed separately on the sever.

2. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Launch has been great, all a player has to do is wait a little bit and then they can play their eyeballs off. It is obvious the whole team is working hard to iron out the issues that don't crop up until a bunch of humans start playing.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Hm, I can't for the life of me recall what triggers on discard from hand at end of turn? If I'm forgetting something obvious, feel free to correct me. Either way, I think that sounds like an excellent idea and something I suggested myself earlier in the beta. Select all cards for the party to discard at end of turn - press discard button - discard.

4. progammer

progammer Ogre

It was this one: Toughened Hide Strips. Granted, it doesn't change anything but there are mechanics for further chain, which might happen in the future

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

This is so horrible for me because every time i dc which i do frequently thanks to my net i get putt in a que of upwards to 30 minutes. Sad demon is sad and ready to tantrum.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Good point, but not sure if it matters if that happens instantly - or if the game can recall who wanted it discarded anyway - and health and damage and any other on discard effect they have planned for could be awarded before cards leave the hand - one by one (select party discard, server checks for viability and effects, discard card in turn - with effect - new turn). Guess rewriting the discard sequence is more hassle than they need atm however.

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Today's update: we spent yesterday putting together a new build which contains a number of what we hope are performance enhancements. This build is in test right now, so if you feel like kicking the tires for us, please do.

If all goes well we'll deploy it live later today or perhaps tomorrow. Hopefully it will let us raise the login cap still further (we've already pushed it up to around 2900).

8. kogi

kogi Ogre

I have just had the game become unresponsive while discarding a card. I could move the map but it wouldn't select the discard card. Is this a connection problem? Or part of the server load problem

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Could be lag. Did the game catch up eventually?

10. kogi

kogi Ogre

nfi. I rage quit after around 5 minutes

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Keep in mind that of the handful of us who've worked on the game, not all of us are network engineers. We're trying our best to to move as quickly as possible without killing them in the process (and, no, throwing more bodies at the problem isn't a good solution). We understand that it's frustrating but we appreciate your patience!

12. Jim

Jim Mushroom Warrior

Not seeing an announcement about server issues right now, so I'll post this here.

Can't log in, keep getting this error - Login failed: IO error: Error #2032

Anyone else getting it now? Got it before? Knows what is is? :)

13. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah. The server is down for maintenance at the moment, and should be back up shortly. My guess is we shut down the server between you loading the login screen and attempting to log in. Interesting!

14. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oh - also be sure to refresh the page before logging in next. Otherwise you'll likely get a version conflict message.

15. Jim

Jim Mushroom Warrior

Ah OK Farbs, cheers for the quick reply.

So I found a new error for you? Early morning win :)

16. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

I got it too, Farbs. It was only for a 1-2 minute period though. Before that, it was failing to log in due to maintenance, and after a reload, it didn't even have the login prompt.

Edit: Got it again, for 1 minute, between 2:59 and 3:00am EST

17. I just want to this opportunity whilst the server is down to applaud your team for such an epic game. I have been waiting for a game like this to come a long for a while now (since I don't have any friends to play table top games with). Instantly addicted!

Back to topic, thanks for fixing the server issues :)

18. dontremb

dontremb Kobold

Grrrrrrr!!!! :D