[Resolved] Server Issues (October 19)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pengw1n, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Off-topic, but you are correct. Words have not been deleted, but a topic has been closed and threats of bans issued. Not going to discuss that here though, as even I agree that is very off-topic and doesn't help.

Either way, to bring it back on topic, I'm sure they will fix the servers soon and all will be good again! It is a pretty rare thing to happen. Glad to see they are on the case super fast as sometimes (due to time zone differences) it takes a lot longer for the issue to be noticed.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Let's keep this thread focussed on the server problems please.

I'm still not sure what's causing them but it's almost certainly related to some changes I made in the previous build. I'm currently deploying a build that has those changes excised. It shouldn't take too much longer.

We know server instability is unacceptable and we're working hard to resolve it. As always, we apologize for the downtime and any related issues.

CT5, Pengw1n and Stexe like this.
  3. Stexe

Great to hear! Any idea what those changes were (if you can mention them as opposed to being secret behind the scenes stuff) and how it might impact the game (if at all)?

4. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

Thanks jon. I really do like how quickly to responded to the issues. have you tried removing any stray goblins that may be living in your server? That could be the issue

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

There was only one major set of changes to the engine in the last release, which was related to the fix I made to correct runaway battles when Mind Munch was played multiple times. In addition to correcting that specific problem, I also took the opportunity to put in a system for clamping the number of battle commands that could be processed in any single battle. This should have provided a general buffer against battles that get stuck in an infinite loop, but it's pretty clearly causing more problems than it is resolving. That's my hope, at least. If the problem persists, we'll have to look at other potential causes.

Stexe likes this.
  6. Stexe

Interesting. I had a game freeze on me (and my opponent) earlier today when someone used a step attack and we were both playing extremely fast. It gave "no available target" despite his step attack being in range of my guy and nothing that should have prevented him from attacking. No idea if they are related though, but thought I'd throw that out there.

7. Stexe

Looks like it is back up. Yay!

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

As soon as I DC'd the server went down - logged back in, about 40 mins ago, and the server got fixed... this has nothing to do with me, I promise ;)