[Resolved]I was banned?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by BlackSabbath, Aug 29, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Also, I assume this will never happen, as letting people know who has reported them only opens a can of worms I doubt Blue Manchu wants to deal with. Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I assume if someone is falsely reporting, they will be dealt with accordingly. I don't see the value in the publicity of reports.

Obernoob, Sir Veza and kustaa like this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

For the record, we're always happy to look into warnings or bans. The best thing to do is to email support@cardhunter.com.

We will never comment publicly on a specific warning, ban or report.

Stexe, kustaa, Obernoob and 3 others like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I am afraid sometimes people can forget such things or have problems like: when i click that link it opens a new page but its loading and loading, i left it for 10 mins, came back and its still loading. Others may have a similar problem?
    So some people may have to make threads/PM you.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

You can always create a thread here or PM, yes. Forum threads are just likely to be take longer to be responded to, that's all.

5. BlackVoidDeath

What about PM's? Would they be answered quicker?

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

PMs require being logged in to the forum. You can get emails on your phone, plus multiple devs could access the support account.

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

You can just email to the support address directly via your email client of choice.

I can't think of any good reason why, in this day and age, one would prefer anything to direct email contact for remotely important communication.

Not sure how much longer it takes for the devs to reply to PMs, but they'll eventually get to it.

As for the topic at hand: I hope this doesn't put a bad light on the reporting system. Yes, sometimes you get the odd abusers using it in harmful ways, but that's something we very rarely heard of in the multiple years CH has been around.

Pretty sure, if indeed any abuse happened, this'll get taken care of in a timely fashion, and hopefully that'll also serve as a memorable lesson to anybody who might attempt to do the same in the future.

gulo gulo and Sir Veza like this.
  8. BlackVoidDeath

Is that a problem? Unless you have a problem with your forum account.
    I guess you could try but I would rather just PM than trying to mail support and then failing or trying to work it out for 10 mins.

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

The ban should now be lifted - and as has been stated, PM Jon or send a message to support@cardhunter.com if you feel you have been wrongfully warned, to avoid similar situations with the current automated system.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Are you allowed to tell whether it is checked who did the false reportings? I dont want you to tell how it was or whether he gets a ban or something, but it would be good to know if you are looking into it, so that will not happen again.

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I don't think any specific individual is to blame here. I'm sure Jon will look into the system now that this issue has been brought to the foreground.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I understand. Black Sabbath just played too much. :p The threshold fitting for normal beeings as us was not fitting for his absurd amount of games.

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Hey, I've played more games than him this month....and I'm not #1 in games played in my own guild. Ha.

14. Darial Storm

Darial Storm Orc Soldier

Lol. I think the problem is he wins too much. ;-)

15. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Has the system ever been explained? For starters, you should not be able to report the same person more than once within a given time period (month?) and there should be a degradation of reports over time. i.e. It should catch habitual offenders. That being said, there should also be report reasons (haven't checked) or some severity measurement. This is because if someone does something particularly grievous like racism, it should accelerate the ban.