Randimar Taking the Week Off?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Dec 28, 2013.

1. KarbonKhan

KarbonKhan Mushroom Warrior

C'mon Blue Manchu, get to it.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

OK, I checked into this. Short story: Randimar's should restock on New Year's Day (GMT) instead of the start of this week. That's about a day and a half from now, when I'm posting this.

Long answer: Randimar's restocks every week. We use the Java calendar class to get the "week of year" to determine whether we should restock yet. This calendar has an oddity where the last (53rd) week of the year is counted as the first week of the new year. So, this week is actually week 1, according to this function. Our check for restocking Randimar's is that the current week is greater than the last week that the shop was restocked (or that it's a new year). So, we skipped restocking at the start of this week but we should restock at the start of the new year.

I'm going to think how to fix this for new year 2015. Sorry!

Robauke and Sazanami like this.
  3. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Will Randimar's update on Wednesdays for the forseeable future then?

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No, it should update this Wednesday (new year's day) and then again at the start of next week as usual (i.e. on Sunday).

5. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

this reminds me of the y2k :{

ArcadianRook likes this.
  6. KarbonKhan

KarbonKhan Mushroom Warrior

Thanks Jon.

7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That could be bad for those who get something good and want a whole week to unlock it... do I smell another Demon Skull Snuffbox coming along? :-P

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Start saving up now. I'm not buying anything from Randi so I can use all my money to buy holiday items right before that store closes.

9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I have over 10k so I'll be fine. Just talking about others who might have problems.

10. marmaris74

marmaris74 Kobold

No need to be sad, I just got a Slippogriff Caviar! Wym's Lavastaff is mine. Making a Firestorm deck as we speak.

Alright Randimar, you can update now.

dashv520 and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

WOO-HOO!!! Grats!

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It would be nice if it could restock now, and again on New Year's Day. Kind of a One-Day-Only Holiday Sale. I wonder how much high-pressure grinding we'd see. :)

13. You know after looking at some Amazon holiday deals, I came here to suggest the same exact thing.

It would be cool to have some kind of special Holiday Sale shop that would be open for only a few days per year. It could have maybe 10-20 random rare/epic/legendary items with reduced prices.

Sir Veza and ArcadianRook like this.
  14. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

That WOULD be really nice.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

To fix it for the future, how about changing "is greater than" to simply "not equal"?

16. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

Exactly. Plus the same strategy should be used with other shops, as you can move from day 6 to day 0 of the week. Simple "not equal" is better than "greater than current or equals 6". ;) If you go offline for whole Sunday for some reason, "not equal" is a lot safer too. :D

17. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

No Wym's Lavastaff for me ... but still find some useful rares ;)
    Thanks Jon for the update!

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Judging by my selection, Randimar pretty much did take the week off. Again.
    Maybe next time...

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Maybe fix it for new year 2017?

20. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Yep, still bugged in 2015