[Pre-balance] Assault and Battery

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Magic Elves, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

With the balance changes incoming fast, I feel like I should post this build because it's provided me with large quantities of amusement and rage directed at me by people. The basic premise is that the priests and wizard scoot around for a bit until the priests get a good amount of card draws and an Unholy Wellspring, then turbocharge the wizard and duck out of the way while the opponent gets nuked.

Good day: Draw large amounts of Demonic Power, Arcane Aura, Wellspring, and bursts on a map with close together opponents, kill them all in first two turns.

Bad day: Draw none of above cards, watch heavily armored opponent charge you and flatten your wizard, shuffle around priests as they have no real attacks.

Likely day: Draw too little of above cards, get pressured into starting early by that warrior with all the step attacks, realize that what you have is just enough/just too little.

Assault
    Level 2 Human Wizard

9-Volt
    Level 3 Dwarf Priest

D-Cell
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

neoncat likes this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I usually run Destructive Wand when I'm playing buffed wizards (see also: 1, 2). It's usually sufficient to take down armor, and can cause damage at a very long range.

Also, you'll be more consistent if you just stack a single elf priest with 7th circle charms and axe of the dark soul. You can make the other priest either a control wizard or a warrior to offer more protection while stalling for time.