Ozyola's Oddments Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Grats to billiska and Maniafig!

~~~

I would ask that you do the conversation with "cardomom 500", with another CardHunter or just by yourself because no matter how bad your accent is I think its better than a halfbreed of google translate's voice and the ai's voice from that one film.
    Or if you cant do that at least add subtitles for the next video, thanks anyway! :)

Maniafig likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Hmm? Are you refering to the video? "Too bad neither of those cards have been printed on Robes, so this submission violates the Ozyola #1 design guidelines." AND "All in all, nicely min-maxed staff, too bad Obvious Maneuver isn’t printed on staves."

For me, those two mean basically the same. Both of your items were featured on the video, but neither won, so I guess it's quite alright. I did use a bit stronger / clearer words on your submission, but both of your items are equally disqualified, if you prefer to call it that way.

Thanks for the feedback! It seems that adding subtitles on a Youtube video is quite easy process, especially when I've already typed all that.

So now the video should have (proper) English subtitles, so you can turn that sound off, if it annoys you. :)

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

If the staff was DQ'ed then why did it show up to the OO community poll(DQ'ed items shouldn't be allowed in polls)?

4. Pawndawan

Oh, I think that was a misunderstanding. When I asked about it, I only got one response (yours): Based on that, I thought, it would be ok to include "DQ'ed" items on the poll, but favour submissions that followed all rules in case of ties.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Sorry about the lack of clarity in that post. I will try to rephrase. #1: Items that don't follow the one rule are auto-DQed and can't be part of the poll and can't be selected by you. #2: Based on likes things should be added to the poll. #3: Legit items should gain tie breaks in getting added to poll, results of the poll, and your decision.

Original post below:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Ozyola's Oddments #2 is now open!

Sorry, that still reads to me the same as your earlier reply.
    • What is the one rule? For OO#2 is it the part on the top: "this month's restriction: "Clothes you could wear on a date" - Boots, Heavy Armor, Divine Armor or Robes only! see clarification below." or the whole clarification list a bit lower?
    • What is the difference between DQed, non-legit and legit item or submission? How can legit items gain tie breaks in getting added to poll, etc. if I wont allow DQed items on poll, etc.?
      • After I've DQed all items that don't follow (the one) rule(s), how do I give tie break points to rest of the items in case of ties?
      • What is this legitness by which I should judge the items?

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The one rule is the monthly rule and clarifications should clarify that rule. DQed means disqualified in other words it isn't a valid contender. Submissions should follow good design rules and are legit if they follow them well enough(my item wouldn't be legit as it is not balanced but that is the goal of that month so that shouldn't be counted against me). Breaking ties should work like leagues for example if multiple items have the same number of votes(wins in the case of leagues) then tie breaks come in effect.

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Congratulations to billiska and Maniafig! $:^ ]

Thank you for the Debilitation Hacking Module feedback, Pawndawan. The super-embarrassing thing? I spent a long time researching out what I'd do. (Too long, considering the "contest" doesn't even have any in-game bearing! ha ha) Somehow in the middle of it all, I guess I forgot that Destructive Purge isn't on Divine Items. Ugh, witw @ me. Also, fwiw, I also used rarity as part of my OP-ness (uncommon in my case). Lol, I wonder how many people did the same, and you didn't even glance at that? $E^ D lol

Pawndawan and Maniafig like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nice work Pawndawan. And now you start to see how rules get picked apart and the bitter masses find ways to trap you in prolonged arguments ;)

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What's the second thread? The official AA one?

PS. I wish arcane items, divine items, and skills were allowed also. I came up with some neat ideas when I expected AA to be romance themed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Pawndawan likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Bitter individuals should not be referred to as masses until the lynch mob actually forms.

12. Pawndawan

Haha! I feel you, you don't want to know how much time I spent on that review video. Good thing I spotted most mistakes before uploading the video on Youtube (Blind Rage instead of Savage Curse on seth arue's review forced me to render the video a second time). Still some small errors slipped on the final product.

I hope that the short written feedback gave some credit to your work / submission and made you feel that not all of that time was wasted. :)

As noted / promised on the OO #2 clarifications, I try to consider item rarity when reviewing the submissions this time. :)

@timeracers: Ok, that clarified it a bit, but I won't bother with any vague tiebreak points awarded by "legitness" when determining poll choices, especially if that last cut-off spot is shared with more than two submission.

Thanks! This means much to me. :)

Thanks for the question (and setting an example for picking apart the rules ;)). I clarified that part: "I, Ozyola, will pick one winner. I also create community choice poll, where you can vote for your favorite item. A maximum of ten (10) submissions (that follow the contest restrictions) with most likes will get selected to the community poll, so your likes count too!"

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@Pawndawan - I appreciated the individual item reviews very much. Regardless of whether contestants share the same viewpoint, it helps show your standards for judging. I realize it might not continue if the number of submissions greatly increases, but thanks!

14. BlackVoidDeath

It just needs some booze before and after Mind Muddle and then it would be a perfect item :p

15. I tried to look for booze related card but to no avail. Spiked something was the closest I could find, but then it turned into uh... yeah.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Hmmm..... maybe Bad Medicine would have worked? Not sure, just first "drink" I could think of off top of my head..

17. Damn. I should've saved the idea for when the restriction isn't armor only. :(

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@VermillionOcean - Bad Medicine was on divine armor (Poisoner's Harness), so that could be an option.

19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Btw, I've been meaning to post this for awhile. I don't have an awesome name for it, but just for the sake of argument, this Weapon would probably fulfill Ozyola's requirements last month...

...actually, just now, while affixing a spoiler title, I realized it might just be the perfect title $}^ J
    ...at least one really good title anyway!
    Read 'Em And Weep, Boys
    Weapon
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LEVEL 21.5 (majortoken)(majortoken) YEAH, BUDDY! $}^ D
    EVERY card is EXCELLENT -- and EVERY card draws with scary, scary Elven Maneuvers! (or Pathfinding if you're just weird like that)
    It's Epic, sure, but that means it's NOT Legendary! $:^ D

seth arue and Pawndawan like this.
  20. BlackVoidDeath

I'd still take Bejewelled Shortsword over this.
    You dont need that many movement cards with low damage - if someone designed an OP version of Nova Axe then that would be better.