Ozyola's Oddments: Custom Item Photoshopping!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of angst, I'd like to add that Elvish Painting on my fine art collection...
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Are german emo words the cosmopolitan emo words?

3. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

So, thanks to @Dieben for this interesting idea here, I present:
    Nuclear Missile Launcher!
    Divine Weapon
    Lv 4.5 (woo!)
    3x Radioactive Spray
    3x Nuclear Meltdown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When you just want everyone to feel in such a bad mood as you do! Aim at yourself, aim at your teammates, aim at your enemies! It's fun for all ages! And tokenless, to boot!
    Warning, use of this product may result in side effects including but not limited to: Tripping, feeling Wimpy, becoming Combustible, feeling Squishy, feeling Vulnerable, Mad Dog syndrome, and Festering Guts. Creator holds no liability for any of these side effects. If you feel side effects, please consult nearest Gene Therapist for immediate treatment.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think Nuclear Meltdown would be even better with a Halt duration 1 for whoever plays it.

5. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

Is not irradiated terrain difficult?

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I use it to cross difficult terrain sometime. Wall of fire works even better.

8. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but:
    Wym's Multiplicator
    staff (level 9, rare)
    6x Blooming Ground

Terrain attachment enthusiasts rejoice!
    Sick of summoning sizzling acid, launching lava-laden volcanoes, and raining down radiation, only to see your foes dance away from their inevitable doom? Despair no more! Wym's Multiplicator* is GUARANTEED** to improve your quality of life! Tired of passing repeatedly until you hope your foes are out of move cards before your assualt, only to discover they were holding more? Running out of moves before you get close enough to set up those stone spikes? Wym's Multiplicator will expand your reach, enabling you to chase down even the most mobile foe*** without EVER having to leave your own space!****
    Wym's Multiplicator will only be available for a limited time, so hurry and order now!

* Wym's Multiplicator is not associated with or endorsed by the archmage Wym, to whom we give our utmost respect and honor. (Please don't sue us!)
    ** Guarantee not guaranteed to in every combat. Guarantee limited to situations in which terrain attachments exist and expanding said attachments would be deemed useful by a typical user. Even with the staff equipped, user may not draw a Blooming Ground in any combat, depending on luck and tactical acumen. Even when terrain attachments are reproduced as desired, foes may still move away or otherwise evade the effects.
    *** Repeated applications in a single round may be necessary, possibly including the use of multiple Wym's Multiplicators. Nevertheless, foes may still move away or otherwise evade the effects. User is recommended to use extreme caution when applying the staff against certain foes, which include, but are not limited to: elves, spiders, dogs, monkeys, flying monkeys, wizards, dwarves (especially dwarves with excessive amounts of step attacks), warriors, elves, foes employing free moves and/or "team" moves, humans, dragons, the undead, elves, trolls, trogs, imps, sprites, wizards, gnomes, geomancers, elves, priests, lizard-men, oozes, kobolds, elves, goblins, ogres, wyverns, oversized chess pieces, unspeakable horrors, elves, and elves.
    **** User assumes all responsibility, risk, fault, and blame for any mishaps that may occur while using this staff.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@esthkol I love how insanely overpowered this is!

So the first thing I thought of was a farming ensemble using this theme.
    Blooming Ridiculous, Level 6, Uncommon, Tokenless
    5x Blooming Ground, Large Weapon

Bakin' Beacon, Level 6, Common, Tokenless
    Dual Laser Beacon, 2x Large Weapon

Just add Robe Of Lightness, Electroporter Novice, a racial (probably Cautious Mobility or Raging Battler), and your favorite boots for the tokenless version.
    So change it to Combustible, drop Robe Of Lightness and use ...
    Robe of Cycling, Level 1, Common, Tokenless
    Resistant Hide, 2x Combustible

10. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

This is why you're the Farming Diety @Sir Veza

11. Pawndawan

Happy Feast of Saint Valentine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Laughed out loud at the picture for glomp. Would actually be an interesting card to play, too.

#LoverAndAFighter

13. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

"Love Hunter" sounds like an online dating site for rednecks.

14. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

In honor of pacifist movements in AA, I'd like to present a funny idea for a Wizard Arcane Skill:
    Personal Space
    Dimensional Traveller , Cowardly , Fright

Are you a true pacifist? If the sight of blood makes you want to puke, this may be for you! Stay away from the action, and avoid attacking at all costs! Can't those other guys just give you a little Personal Space?...

15. Pawndawan

The NO DAMAGE! restriction on AA #7 inspired me to do this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks @DunDunDun & @DupleX for developing and editing the idea. :)

I'd like to talk about color coordinating a bit and how it affects the creation process.

My original idea was just to craft Traveling Curse with healing, but after we tried to evaluate the idea a bit, we came to the conclusion that it would've been too weak for silver (we used Impetuous Heal as the benchmark).

Now the problem was that Bronze looked really ugly, so something needed to change. Passed around ideas a bit, and in the end came up with the idea you see above. :)

[​IMG]

16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Could you explain the difference between all of those cards?
    Other than the fact that Fortune's Favor doesnt draw a card to replace it.

17. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

Silver-quality Travelling Fortune acts as a trait for you when you first play it, but is then removed from the game, thereby removing the potential for trait-cycling. It gives an opponent a paper-quality Fortune's Favor instead of a trait-cycling card. This has the potential to act as a semi-dead draw for the rest of the game as it bounces between players.

Bronze-quality Travelling Fortune functions exactly like a healing Travelling Curse.

18. Pawndawan

Yes, @Dieben explained it nicely. I felt that the original healing Traveling Curse was too weak to warrant a silver quality, and since I really liked the silver quality bar (and rare) version a better, we came up with making it a bit stronger.

Just an example how color coordinating can affect on my card design process. Other textbook example are the Nonviolent / Ultraviole(n)t Resistance cards.

19. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

20. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

This dreadful drought of custom item photoshops has left the normally happy Frosty with a heart so chilled it can only be called dreadful!

[​IMG]

(I had no idea how to isolate a handicap card background, so I had to make do with editing Cold Snap including its background art. Does anyone have a set of card templates?)

wwwS2, Pawndawan, timeracers and 5 others like this.