Next build (2.51?)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Kalin, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If they move at the same time, they can be hunted at the same time. As it stands, this means it's best to leave all adventures uncompleted from reset until the hunt starts, which means either (1) don't play, or (2) speed-farm. I'd like to see an alternative such as we've been discussing for both fairy and bandit.

2. Questor

Questor Ogre

Yes, and both options are not fun. The implementation of the Replay Adventure function is the perfect opportunity to make playing SP a lot more comfortable without being in any kind of way gamebreaking.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If both the Fairy and the Bandit move at the same time as adventures reset, things would be much simpler. You'd lose out on double dipping, though.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Simpler yes, but we'd lose the important feature of the hunt starting at rotating hours. This widens the thrill of the chase to include the global audience playing at different time zones. A static Looty and Bandy move time would quickly stagnate the hunt as it would always fall on the same hunter persons. They might get fatigued after a while and everyone else would be missing out. The changing movement time is much better for this reason.

wavy and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Absolutely! Going to the 25 hour schedule was a great improvement, but I think a 26 hour schedule might be a bit better. Mainly because it would give a minimum of 2 hours before reset for the shortest hunt.
    Edit: ARGH! I left out the "increment by 2 hours" bit.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    boro likes this.
  6. cpu70

cpu70 Kobold

Actually it's only one flag: Loot Fairy acquired? yes/no
    When the LF moves, the flag gets reset.
    When the last map of an adventure is completed:
    // var adventureId = id of the adventure
    if(LootFairyAdventureId == adventureId && LootFairyAcquired == false) {
    doLootFairyReward();
    LootFairyAcquired = true;
    } else if(AdventureIsExhausted[adventureId] == false) {
    doAdventureReward();
    AdventureIsExhausted[adventureId] = true;
    } else {
    doNormalTreasureReward();
    }

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Looks good. The flag would also need to be cleared along with the daily reset.

8. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I know I posted this in feedback thread, but I still think the loot bandit should only reset its location on a day that it is found by the player. This allows it to be a long term hunt for players who play SP sparingly, while still being a daily goal for those players willing to play that much. I don't think that would be hard to implement.