Mitternacht Playtest Guidelines & Rewards

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Flaxative, Sep 30, 2016.

  1. Flaxative

    Flaxative Party Leader Staff Member

    Wow, really? I... Need glasses... :(
     
  2. Jon

    Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

    3.161.0 is released on test with fixed Guztuk's Giant Gutter name and some new prompts for Mitternacht chest shop reveal.
     
    stupid531 likes this.
  3. Jon

    Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

    Also the Steam clients for 3.161 are released on Windows and Mac. You can try them out by switching your Steam client to the "test" beta. If you get a chance to try that, please let us know.
     
    stupid531 likes this.
  4. stupid531

    stupid531 War Monkey

    Tried it already , thank you for your work!

    I've heard that by switching the beta in Steam client might cause a losing of some achievments , for example :
    "Emperor :Get MP rating to 1800"

    And then I think if someone reaches 1800 in the test server they might also unlock the achievment?

    ** I didn't test any of these , just point it out in case it is somehow useful
     
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. Jon

    Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

    I don't think either of those things should happen, but let us know if you think they do.
     
  6. Solip

    Solip Orc Soldier

    Minor bug on the multiplayer map called ''Dungeon of Decay'' the scariest part of halloween is the ''MISSING'' textures....am i right? [​IMG]
     
  7. Jon

    Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

    I deployed 3.163 with a fix for the Mac client.
     
  8. Flaxative

    Flaxative Party Leader Staff Member

  9. timeracers

    timeracers Guild Leader

  10. Gingrich Yurr

    Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

    Why is Guztuk's Giant Gutter not in the Halloween Store on the test server? Or did I miss something?
     
  11. Flaxative

    Flaxative Party Leader Staff Member

    Maybe when we fixed its name we didn't update the Halloween store. I'll try to check and fix today.
     
    Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  12. vitreo84

    vitreo84 Goblin Champion

    Only way that shift block is good is when you have many of them : you become a zombie? you have another shifting block in hand so you can turn back in another form.
    But of course the best use is with a purge/lateral thinking or even arrogant to counter bad form change.
     
  13. timeracers

    timeracers Guild Leader

    Wrong even then it is bad it just reduces how weak it is. I will use math to show that it is bad. As we all know cheap traits are easy to get on skill slots and forms are on skill slots. On a skill slot the cost of a text-less trait is about D+. The difference between D+ and B for the form cards is 5. So the effect when you get it at the start of round like that is worth about 5, but getting later in the round is going to reduce it. Why? Firstly, where you draw your cards which doesn't make that much of a difference while you have good decks. Secondly the form effect such as armor. On a shield a Block costs C. Shifting Block blocks like a Block with +1 to roll and attaches a random form. If the random form is a non-zombie form it should be a little less then 5 rating. Since you are getting it in the middle of a round without a draw attached I would say 3 rating. So C (Block) + 1 for easier roll + 3 from form attaching effect = B+. I consider that to be a little generous math in favor of it. Getting zombie form in the middle of a round is worth I don't know how about -5. Why? Since the average card quality in it' set of cards are weaker then normal and this also doesn't enough movement since the only move card here is Shuffle. So if you get zombie form out of shifting block the value is D-. Shifting block is a B rated card that has a 75% chance of shifting into a good thing being worth B+ and a 25% chance of shifting into a zombie being worth D-. If you average that you get B-. But as I said even if we try to give it favorable math it still fails to be of proper value. I would say that block is a card that is never used on the shield slot. Paying 1 to upgrade the roll from 4+ to 3+ is not worth. But wait all the forms come with different play styles so even when you get a B+ option you may not be ready for it making it a lot weaker. But you are right that you can get multiple shifting blocks together, but the enemy is one who chooses to trigger them or to not attack the character, so they will try to avoid attacking your zombie if they know it has a shifting block in hand.
    TLDR: shifting block has a 75% chance of being worth about B+ if you were ready for that form and a 25% chance of being worth D- because zombies are trash.
     
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    vitreo84 likes this.
  14. Kalin

    Kalin Begat G'zok

    I'd still rather draw Shifting Block than Walpurgis Night which can change your entire party to zombies and then give your opponents powerful cards, all as a mandatory action.
     
    Solip likes this.
  15. timeracers

    timeracers Guild Leader

    I agree that Walpurgis Night is not going to see ranked play and won't even be great in SP. Regardless Shifting Block is too weak.
     
  16. vitreo84

    vitreo84 Goblin Champion

    I think shifting block is like a Hit The Deck with a different handicap since usually are form are like an handicap that sometime is good because of good form at random moment. Tripping from Hit the Deck is a minor handicap of zombie form so maybe is this bronze card cost only 3 level Shifting should cost 4 and be a bronze or C+ as you would call it :)
    I see that many shield with shifting block are well itemizzed like a Banana Shield and have many other good block like defender absorbing parry and desperate so some shield that have other good block are still playable of course weaker than the best shield with all good block :)
    If you think about a deck with a priest full of purge and 2 warrior in arrogant armor these shield are playable like a banana shield of course...
    I think that the more similiar block is Icy shield since it cost a silver card and block 3+... it attach a bad card on opponent... that is always bad :) maybe a Werewolf form with +2 armor is a bit stronger but it is not certain... maybe Icy block is mathematically stronger. to be mathematically the same the shifting block should give a bonus double to an Icy block when the form give you the best bonus at the right time.
     
  17. Flaxative

    Flaxative Party Leader Staff Member

    I'm going to remind folks that something not being top tier in competitive play does not qualify as a bug or problem. On average, Shifting Block is a good effect to have. If there are better effects, that's fine.

    And when we introduce Draconic Form in our next expansion, you probably won't want this card to be too good :)

    Don't worry about it!
     
    wavy, hello world and vitreo84 like this.
  18. Maniafig

    Maniafig Thaumaturge

    Ah yes, Draconic Form, a rare trait found on Finance Skills. Everyone knows Jewelers are secretly our reptile overlords after all! Can't wait!
     
    CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  19. vitreo84

    vitreo84 Goblin Champion

    Of course he is not spoilering... LOL
    What about a.. Lich form? you can't be killed if there are other party member? :D LOL a triple lich team is immortal! :D
    Also demon form... with a deck full of demon wellspring should be nice! :D
     
  20. Jon

    Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

    Build 3.164.0 is now up on the test server. The Gutter should now be in stock in the Halloween store.
     
    Gingrich Yurr and Flaxative like this.

Share This Page