Melvelous the Magnificent and the Malicious Maze

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by hwango, Dec 8, 2014.

1. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

Well after some tries the AI just liked knocking on the dorrs and ingnored my guy so it somehow worked lol

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Here's a challenge for all of you who continue to play the Maze puzzle (battle 1):
    Try to win it with 14 HP remaining on Melvelous. Today was the second time I achieved that. I wonder whether it's even possible to win with more HP than that?
    It's all in the luck of the draw, sometimes (very very rarely) the soldiers just don't hit you on the turn you eliminate the first of them.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Haven't got 14 HP win, but recently took six Bludgeons worth of damage and finished with 2 HP remaining.

[​IMG]

edit: Finished with 15 HP. :D

Just got lucky when neither of Ment-at-Arms did attack me on the first round and next turn the other one chose Penetrating Cut over Bludgeon.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Melancthon and Jarmo like this.
  4. Stavros1988

Stavros1988 Kobold

Additionally it wont let me play the energizes on the men at arms - so no moving again :-/

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Even with Auto-Target off?

6. Stavros1988

Stavros1988 Kobold

ah that'll do it... explains why I haven't been able to force cannon my guys across the map...

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Wow, gratz! Now I have a new goal and a new reason to keep playing the battle! I've won with 14 HP two more times after my earlier post but never with 15 HP.

Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Balor

Balor Lizardman Priest

I always stall the horde by moving backwards step by step and wait until the Mummy has cleared the backdoor and moves towards the other doors (if you get too close too soon he will come after you instead!) . Then I pass the grand table from the right hand side and lurk in the backyard. Never finish your turn on the back door square: for some reason you won't get a victory point if you do.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

BTW the backdoor and other doors are not on victory terrain, you can check by right clicking on them.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Heh, would you believe it, I just won with 15 HP. I now believe that with some luck it might even be possible to win with 18 HP.

[​IMG]
    I did it playing in a slightly new way. I'd never tried exactly this, I don't think. Some luck is involved, as always in this subsport. I'm not sure I should reveal the method even here within the spoiler, to allow others the thrill of new discovery. Should I spill the beans, sports fans?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin