What rarity of items do you have a full set of?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Feb 16, 2015.

?

What rarity of items do you have a full set of?

1. None

23.3%
  2. Common

67.8%
  3. Uncommon

52.2%
  4. Rare

44.4%
  5. Epic

23.3%
  6. Legendary

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sounds good. If I get to 100%, I can dump all my Unholy Nimbus into Skarl's first and wait for Scarponi to catch up. :)

Scarponi likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You guys are so cute. :)

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yay got my last rare today! so now i have completed the rare set but not the common, uncommon and other :rolleyes:

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

All Uncommon items got too! - just bought that annoying Swift Gouging which was stopping me from completing the set for about 3 weeks :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good luck with the Rowan Magestaff. It took months to farm my first one, but once it finally dropped I soon had a full set and was selling them as excess.

I lack 2 Acidic Glands and a Wallbuilder's Scepter to complete Maximum Usable through rare.

I'm down to these 10 8 legendary items to reach 100%:
    Aork's Vial Of Memories (L18), Reap The Whirlwind (L18), Ichabod's Buckler (L9), Wellington's Shield (L15), Bynzer's Weighted Club (L12), Godtouched Mace (L18), Leomunk's Kickin' Boots (L16), Uula's Whirling Robes (L15), Chalchu's Hammer (L8), Heartripper (L18).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Rowan Magestaff is actually easy to get now. It drops constantly in Mauve Manticore if your Renown is 18. MM #5 battle 1 is a fast grinding spot once you know the solution to the puzzle. I play it every once in a while when I have a spare moment to fill and I see the staff drop at least every month. I suspect you could get it in one session if you put your patience to it.

Gast86, BlackVoidDeath and Sir Veza like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good to know! I've played MM #5 battle 1 quite a bit, but I haven't seen one there yet. I have to restart a lot lately because either the lower guard stays in his blocking position, or the upper guard re-spawns into the lower position more than half the time. In one session I counted 17 of 20 times, but it isn't usually that bad. Is it just me?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I only played it a few times but it seemed that if I make the same moves, so does the AI. So if you know how to win, you should be able to copy your moves all the time.
    Although usually there's some randomness in AIs moves, so maybe I was just lucky/blind these few times.

9. BlackVoidDeath

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There is randomness in the moves the AI makes in the Melvelous puzzle but I've got it down so that it is pretty rare not to win it via the shortest path.
    There is a small chance the AI decides not to move at a critical point, leaving the lower soldier to die too early on spikes and thus it respawns on turn 3 and this possibly leads to a loss. Often it's still winnable if the AI plays it badly from there on but often not.

The puzzle is definitely winnable in minimum time about 90-95% of the time with the right sequence of moves. The location and order of the three spikes on round 2 is critical.

On round one the lower soldier must be spiked. On round two the upper soldier must be spiked and the lower soldier must not be spiked. The first spike of round 2 must be placed next to the lone water square, on its upper right side, side to side. This prevents the upper soldier from flanking Melvelous and getting in front of his progress. This is often a problem if this square is not spiked first thing on round 2.

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Just dropped another Rowan Magestaff, I swear they're like candy! And I've only played MM5B1 a few times a day. Were the spoilers of any help, Veza? Seen a better win percentage?

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes, thank you. My solution worked about 90% when I started, but that was probably luck. Yours is definitely more consistent. I still haven't dropped any items that aren't excess, but I get a lot of that these days.

Jarmo likes this.
  13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Great to hear (I don't mean the no excess thing))! By the way, I just got another Rowan after about five repeats...

EDIT: And another after about five more repeats. This is getting ridiculous...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The RNG has its cycles. Someone else might play 10,000 drops and not get one.

Bandreus likes this.
  15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just hit 97%, hopefully it won't take me too long to catch up. I wouldn't want to delay the expansion any longer than necessary. ;)
    @Sir Veza, I think you should make a post with your list of last Legendaries needed and update it every time you get another one. It'd be fun to watch your "countdown."

Sir Veza and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Bandreus, Jarmo and Pawndawan like this.
  17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I feel there's someone out there thinking "Hah, if I were to join forces (read: collections) with Sir Veza, he would have every item. But I don't :p"

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  18. BlackVoidDeath

just to make you feel worse better @Sir Veza ;)
    ↑↑↑↑ i have at least 1 of
    ↓↓↓↓ i dont have 1 of

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

After two months of playing, I can finally change my vote to "I have every common item (excluding treasures). I got my last common (Silver Healing Ring) from a league chest. :)

Screenshots to mark the occasion:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BlackVoidDeath and Sir Veza like this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Ironically I actually had 1 of every uncommon before I got my last common.

BlackVoidDeath and Pawndawan like this.