Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Ok new submission: Geo-Guardians or Guardimancers? (yep the name its both, the new aliance still trying to decide their name)

the map is based on a pvp map i did where both players control a equal team of geomancers and guardians-> http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/pvp-using-monsters-mini-swamp-bridge.5237/

the pvp version is quite fun to play with a lot of complex gaming options. the geo and guardians decks seem to have a lot of synergy together. I added a enemy Peon to the Ai side, because lets face it, AI SUCKS.

Map Name: GeoGuardians or Guardimancers?

Prologue:
    A new alliance was formed.
    The Core joined forces with the the Astral Guardians.
    A power struggle soon occurred. To avoid fellow struggles a monthly battle is held on a near swamp.
    The victory team will see their rank increased. This week its your turn to face a enemy team.

Epilogue: After a long and hard battle you are victorious.
    Better rank equals better rewards, so enjoy your hard fought victory.

Aliance.jpg

Attached Files:

2. -Failed Negotiations-

Setting: A vacant courthouse is the scene for an unusual occurrence: Kobolds and Lizardmen are meeting peacefully!
    Story: In a vacant courthouse, two factions of monsters attempt to form a truce. However, one slip of the tongue causes the meeting to break down into arguments. Arguments turn into threats, then a standoff emerges!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the lizardmen emissaries lay slain, the peace negotiations have failed. You collect the items they have with them as well as their skin for later use as clothing!

Attached Files:

tolkien likes this.
  3. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

The toppled chairs are a nice touch there.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Title: Swashbuckling Seas

Screenshot:
    Swashbuckling Seas screenshot.jpg

Text Before and After:
    BEFORE: You are on a merchant vessel traveling the seas for trade and treasure. Joining your crew are a priest who hopes to do missionary work in new worlds and a cook who's looking for adventure. But adventure need not be sought, it'll find you! Shortly after breakfast the lookout sounds the alarm... PIRATES! It's the evil pirate captain Lumbrezz the Mad and his hoard of pirate gnomes! Quick! Defend your ship before it is overrun!

AFTER: You survived! The seas are now a safer place, keep whatever loot you found on the pirate ship as your reward.

HINTS:
    1) Try to keep your bowman alive at all costs.
    2) Take advantage of the chef's chops by luring the crew onto your ship... you can only fight one at a time on the gangplank.
    3) Take out Lumbrezz with your bowman as fast as possible, he's the only one who can reach the Captain.

Game account name: Scarponi

Note: I'm really pleased with how this board came out with a bit of a 3D feel on the ships. However, I had to use quite a few layered doodads to pull it off. I hope the doodad count doesn't push me out of consideration, it only added a slight load delay on my computer. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Zuf0601 and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

A nice looking map, Scarponi! I do wonder whether the bowman - Lumbrezz ranged duel will be too luck-based? Can you consistently do anything to make Lumbrezz not slaughter the bowman quickly? It's problematic not to have any options left for winning if the bowman falls.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks!

Yeah I tweaked it back and forth a few times... originally I had another warrior instead of the priest but Lumbrezz would usually take out the bowman 1 turn before I could take Lumbrezz down. However, with the priest, if I focus all my healing at my bowman, at least until Lumbrezz goes down... with that I would win pretty consistently even though most matches were still quite close (this is what I shoot for in custom scenarios, a high success percentage, but challenging). On occasion (though pretty rarely) the spearmen would go after the bowman too and then it became more difficult. My original plan was to not have any other ranged opponents other than Lumbrezz, but when I remembered that the spearmen had eye patches, I just had to use them as my pirates!

Though admittedly this may be the only map where losing a character makes it technically impossible to win, in my opinion there are other adventures where losing a specific character makes it practically impossible. Obviously if the developers see it as a sticking point I could tweak it, but I suggest you give it a try... I think it's very much in the "reasonable" realm. Regardless, I appreciate the thoughts and feedback!

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Every Journey Begins with a Single Step: A Three-Part Adventure

PART ONE

Title: The First Lesson

Screenshot:
    Samurai 1.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: In search of more advanced weaponry and fighting you have journeyed thousands of miles to the far east in hopes of being trained as a Samurai warrior. Climbing the mountain you reach the Samurai Academy where you knock boldly at the gate.

(Voice from within): We're closed, go away.
    You: Sir, I've come to be trained as a Samurai.
    (Voice from within): Only the most dedicated men can become Samurai warriors, a young grasshopper as yourself is not worthy. Go away.
    You: Sir, I've traveled thousands of miles to be trained here.
    You: Sir?

The only answer you hear is silence. Are you going to take no for an answer?

AFTER: Young grasshopper you're still here? You have shown yourself strong in perseverance and patience, yet you have much to learn. Come, I will teach you.

Hints:
    1) A Samurai must be perseverant.
    2) A Samurai must be patient.
    3) Not every battle has an opponent.

Note: This "battle" is admittedly a little silly and could be left off. However, it was inspired by a true story of a monk who when people would come to join his order would refuse them and leave them at the gate, if a week later they were still there he would consider them serious enough to join and permit their entry.

PART TWO

Title: The Training

Screenshot:
    Samurai 2.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: Young grasshopper, you must learn stealth and agility if you want to be Samurai. Black clothing will give you stealth, but for agility look to the monkeys to learn their ways. Let me watch and see how you fair against them.

AFTER: Very good! You have learned nimbleness and agility, you might make a Samurai yet.

Hints:
    1) A Samurai who can't be touched is a healthy Samurai. (Use your bashes to keep the monkeys at bay.)
    2) A Samurai guards their weaknesses. (Don't turn your back on the monkeys.)

PART THREE

Title: The Final Test

Screenshot:
    Samurai 3.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: You have been training for months now with the other students and have progressed greatly. Your master has told you your final test is coming but has not told you when. Meanwhile the villagers at the bottom of the mountain have been telling stories of a monster that is terrorizing their village. You find yourself thinking that of course they're probably just made up ghost stories. Besides you're at a Samurai Academy, there's no need to fear a monster here is there? All of a sudden you hear a horrible noise coming from just beyond the edge of the courtyard!

AFTER: Young grasshopper, today you've grown your wings. You're are no longer a grasshopper, but a true Samurai Warrior. You have passed your final test.

Attached Files:

8. Liquid_Paper

Liquid_Paper Kobold

Hello, I'm submitting the first book of a mini siries. I have taken your advice and not try to make a 10 maps scenerio. Instead I made the maps to have a beginning and an ending so they can stand alone as a three or four chapters per book. If you have any tips or suggestions that I can fix so these maps could get publish, please let me know. If you dont think they will ever be publish due to poor quality, please let me know as well, so I can start working on other projects.

I have also posted a thread on these maps here (Note: there has been a name change to the characters from that post to this post). I did not get many feed back, but I did rework the maps a bit according to the feed back that I did get.

--------------------------------
    Krystal Guardians

Long ago, three masters defeated the great evil Trisolus from taking over the land of Cardhuntria. They split Trisolus soul into three different Krystals and each kept one for themselves. Although they are great friends, they know it would be wise to part ways and keep the Krystals apart from each other. Over the years, the seal on the Krystals have weaken, afraid Trisolus could rise again, a young elf set out to destroy the Krystals once and for all...
    ---------------------------------

Can the above section be writen on the left hand side of the chapters to set up the story for the series?

---------------------------------
    Chapter 1
    An Unexpected Encounter

As you arrived at the Windsong Tavern, you notice a priest sitting by the fireplace, and some loud and drunk city gaurds. You quietly buy a loaf of bread with the last of your money and find a place in the corner to eat with your monkey friend.

Bar Tender: "Im sorry sir, but we are out of Newt Ale."
    Guard: "What kind of tavern runs out of Ale? Come on boys lets get out of here."
    Bar Tender: "Sir, may I collect the silver for the meals you and your men have eaten?"
    Guard: "The only thing you will be collecting is the end of my blade!"

The guard draws his sword and point at the bar tender

Priest: "I will NOT tolerate this!", she yelled as she jumps out of her chair and draws her spear.
    Guard: "On guard boys, this is a pretty one."

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Priest: "Your fighting style, I have not seen it since... Who is your master warrior?"
    Warrior: "I suggest you get out of here before more city guards shows up", you said as you grab your bread and head for the door.
    Priest: "I could use a warrior of your skill on my mission."
    Warrior: "Not interested"
    Priest: "100 gold pieces, 20 now and the rest when the mission is complete"

You stop as your about to step out of the door, your stomach started to growl again from not eating in days. Hesitant for a long while, but then you turn to the priest.

Warrior: "I'm Jin, this is Monkeo," pointing to your monkey friend.

The priest toss you a small pouch "I'm Lotus, here is your down payment."
    ----------------------------

Chapter 2
    The Rescue

After a few days of tracking a goblin trail with your new employer Lotus, you arrived at an unfamilar dungeon.

Lotus: "I need to send words to my Lord that we have located Lady Gwena whereabouts."
    Jin: "The goblins were moving quickly, she will not be kept here long."
    Lotus: "We do not know what kind of forces they have in there, we need reinforcement."
    Monkeo: "Uo u o gu gah gah ack, Gggu," pointing to himself then towards the town.
    Jin: "Are you sure buddy?"
    Monkeo: "Gah Ga."
    Jin: "Monkeo will take the message to your Lord, we can stay here and persue as needed."
    Lotus: "Take this message and show the guards this pendant, they will let you pass."

While Monkeo was away, you notice movement in the dungeon. Afraid they will move Lady Gwena again, Jin and Lotus decide to sneak in for the rescue...

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Lotus: "Lady Gwena, I'm sorry for my delay, are you hurt?"
    Gwena: "Thank you Lotus, I'm alright."
    Jin: "We need to move."
    Friar: "Here, take this equipment."

Goblin: "INTRUDERS!!!"
    --------------------------

Chapter 3
    Not so Sneaky

Friar: "I saw another way out when the goblins dragged me in here yesterday."
    Gwena: "Wasn't it heavily guarded by Ogre?"
    Friar: "Yes, but they are slow, you should be able to get by them quickly."
    Gwena: "Your not coming with us Friar Tuhan?"
    Tuhan: "You need time to move, I will stay here and hold them off."
    Gwena: "No! I will not leave you behind."
    Lotus: "We need to go now Lady Gwena."
    Jin: "I'll lead". ... ... "Thank you, Tuhan."

Tuhan looks you in the eyes and nods, "Please find them safety."

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Louts: "Looks like the path took us outside the borders of our kingdom."
    Gwena: "Any sign of Tuhan?"
    Lotus looks to the ground in sadness "I will report to your father of his honerable sacrifice."
    Jin: "We need to find food and shelter before night fall."
    Gwena: "What are you doing Jin?"
    Lotus: "He's leaving signals for Monkeo to find us."
    Jin: "Lets move quickly, we are on our own now."

To Be Continue...
    ------------------------------

Thats the end of book one.

Game Account = Spuge
    Credit = Spuge aka Liquid_Paper

Thanks for playing

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli and tuknir like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

This is not so much an adventure entry as a Muave Manticore magazine idea. When I started making scenarios I had this idea that as Cardhunter has become more popular with fans and "spread throughout the world" that the Muave Manticore staff had decided to have an issue celebrating the world wide expansion of the fan base and so for "this month's issue" they'd bring fan adventures from around the world. In the end, scenario development was too time consuming for me to put together an entire magazine worth of adventures (besides I wouldn't ever really expect only my adventures to be selected for a given Manticore). But I still thought I'd throw the idea out there if the powers that be found adventures that could be placed around the world that they liked and wanted to theme them all together. (My pirate adventure posted above could be from the Caribbean, obviously the Samurai adventure from Asia, there's plenty of submitted ice adventures from wherever, I've been toying with an Amazon Jungle adventure, etc.)

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Amazon Archeology: A Search for Hidden Treasure

So when I had this adventure in my head it was a single scenario, but as I began to create it my ideas grew and I also realized there was no way it could be contained on one map. So instead it ended up being a 4-part adventure! Sigh. Oh well I guess there's more card hunter for whoever chooses to play it :cool:.

PART ONE

Title: Bushwhacking

Screenshot:
    Amazon 1.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: Rumors have been swirling for decades about a treasure hidden in a lost temple deep in the Amazon jungle. After many years you have decided to go in search of it. Having hired two Pygmy Warriors as guides you set off into the jungle. With nothing to go on but the old stories, you are forced to weave your way through the jungle in search of any signs of what you seek. The jungle is thick and you'll have to hack your way through all the shrubbery to make progress, but be careful not all of the jungle will fall before your blade willingly!

AFTER: What is this?! It appears that you have found the remnants of a stone road from an age long past. This may be just the break you needed!

PART TWO

Title: Monkey Business

Screenshot:
    Amazon 2.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: The stone road has submitted to the pressures of the jungle over the years and at times is difficult to make out. You and your guides follow it diligently in hopes that it will lead you to success. Looking up from the road you see a vine covered structure rising up on the horizon. Can it be?! Is this the Lost Temple which you've heard about since you were child?! You rush forward oblivious to the troop of monkey warriors closing in on you...

AFTER: With the monkeys defeated you turn your attention back to the temple. Stepping up to the main doors you give them a exploratory tug. To your surprise they swing open easily, not like doors that have been closed for hundreds of years but like they are regularly used.

PART THREE

Title: Temple Tussle

Screenshot:
    Amazon 3.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: As you step inside you realize you are not alone. Eight Lizardmen, the last of their tribe, stand in formation guarding the temple of their ancestors. In a moment of respect for their clan you consider abandoning your search and leaving them in peace. But it's too late, you've already found the Lost Temple and they have no intention of letting you leave alive. Defend yourself!

AFTER: With the last of the Lizardmen gone you begin to examine your surroundings looking for the treasure.

PART FOUR

Title: Eyes of Rubies, Fangs of Pearl

Screenshot:
    Amazon 4.jpg

Text:
    BEFORE: Finding a hidden lever at the top of the stairs you pull it. With a slow grinding sound the two stone heads slide apart revealing a dimly lit hidden chamber behind. Stepping forward you peer into the gloom. As your eyes adjust to the dim light you begin to make out the largest pile of gold and jewels you've ever seen! But there's something else. Something moving...

AFTER: SUCCESS! You've exterminated the giant spiders that took up residence in the treasure vault and now there is nothing keeping you from your well earned reward! Take whatever you can carry!

Attached Files:

11. All 3 maps in one post this time.

Honeymoon Saga.

Part 1: Cart Troubles!
    Setting:
    This takes place after the events of the Wedding Crashers scenario. The newlyweds are trying to make the trip to their honeymoon residency.

Story:
    With the confrontation in the chapel over, the newlyweds Miriam Sanctar and Andengal of the Woods walk to their cart for the journey to their honeymoon cabin. Accompanying them is the cart driver and his loyal dog, which seems to have taken a liking to Andengal. When they arrive in the clearing where their cart is parked they find that a local gang of goblins and their monkey comrades have surrounded your transportation! Not only have they wrecked the cart but they have also eaten the horse!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    The gang retreats over the Sayn Thope bridge with many of the valuables you kept in your cart. You scavenge through what they failed to pilfer and make haste in pursuit.

Part 2: Bridge Over Troubled Waters!

Setting:
    It is a little after noon by the time you catch up to the surprisingly quick-footed goblin gang.

Story:
    You catch up with the thieving creatures at the end of the Sayn Thope bridge to find that a goblin shaman has sacrificed most of the gang to summon imps! The shaman leans the pilfered treasure by a tree and grunts orders for the remainder of the gang and imps to attack!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the imps reduced to ash, the remainder of the gang beat a hasty retreat into the woods in the direction of your honeymoon retreat!

Part 3: Honeymoon Troubles!

Story:
    As the 4 suns of Cardhuntria set casting deep shadows on the surrounding terrain Miriam Sanctar and Andengal of the Woods finally corner the gang of thieves who have made your honeymoon home into their base of operations. They have neglected to keep the cabin clean as giant spiders have taken up residence. The surrounding forest has not been properly groomed and Beech Tree Spouts have grown untamed! Though tired from the battles, Miriam and Andengal ready themselves to reclaim the cabin!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the servant having cleaned the cabin and now chopping the Beech Trees for firewood; Miriam Sanctar and Andengal of the Woods are now free to enjoy their honeymoon together.
    The goblins might have left a mess, but they also left a cache of valuables from their raids on local homes.

Attached Files:

12. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Map Name: Showdown Saloon

Prologue:
    The air is hot, the sun shines on the old saloon, the people barricaded there look outside from the windows. Something terrible is about to happen.
    After weeks of living in fear, the townsfolk got tired of the band of bullies and evil doers that took their nice quiet town and called for help.
    You are the answer of their appeal, you are the famous Alonzo and you wont be intimidated by any bandits.
    The Town bell strikes twelve times, time for the duel, kill or be killed..

Epilogue:
    The bandits,even with superior numbers and position stood no change against your might skills.
    You bask in the sun light smelling the blood soaked dirt. Time to get your reward.

Saloon.jpg

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  13. The Filthy Restroom.

Setting:
    Mold fills the air as 3 enter a dank old restroom.

Story:
    One day, in a manor near you, an Elite Guard, a regular guard, and a servant must clean an extremely filthy restroom as punishment for playing games while on duty. Little do they know that the squatters in this room do not wish for it to be cleaned.

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the squatters slain, the 3 get to work cleaning. While cleaning they find some items hidden in the gunk.

Attached Files:

tolkien likes this.
  14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Previously posted over here.

Title: View from the Porch

[​IMG]

Game account: Sir Knight.

Before: Lumbrezz the Mad spends a nice afternoon with his buddy Meister the Geomancer, relaxing on the Order's back porch. Lumbrezz brought his pet Pthquth over (can't leave the poor fella home alone), and, as per usual, they've let it play in a pile of priceless treasures and magical artifacts in the yard. Then a movement catches Meister's stony eyes, and footsteps can be heard coming from all directions. It's possible this wasn't the best of plans . . .

After: At last the pesky intruders are put to flight, dropping ill-gotten loot in their haste to flee the yard. Time for more tea!

Attached Files:

15. Sir Knight

Title: Break Out - Outbreak!

[​IMG]

(The image has a Man At Arms instead of Warden Gorald, but that was just an early screenshot during development.)

Before: You are a lowly Warden hired by the Parasol Merchant Guild to guard their facilities. Your job description involves walking up and down winding corridors and keeping out pesky saboteurs. Your job description does NOT involve looking inside any of the rooms, no matter what strange noises you hear therein.

One day you are dutifully patrolling at your regular pace. You notice that no one else is in the facility today, but that doesn't concern you: fewer weird conversations about things being "itchy" or "tasty." Then you hear a noise of splintering wood and a moaning fills the halls. You have an unpleasant feeling about this. Too bad the nearest exit has that really fiddly latch . . .

After: You escape mere seconds before the shambling horde can overwhelm you with its poor hygiene. Whose bright idea was all this, anyway?

Attached Files:

Maniafig and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  16. Setting:
    Frenzied movements and energy fill the air as your party enters a store with unheard of discounts!

Story:
    A local item emporium is holding a gigantic sale! Your party arrives to find the aggressive shoppers
    in a frenzy of collecting. They take notice of your arrival and attack, seeing you as potential competitors for the wares! The lowly shopkeeper can do nothing to calm them so he offers you what little help he can provide.
    [​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the impolite shoppers scared away, the wares are now yours to choose from!

Attached Files:

17. Sir Knight

Title: Splat

[​IMG]

(The image has a multiplayer team instead of the proper fixed party, but that's just because I grabbed it straight from the thread. It's since been updated to be Chef Garcotto, Krelvin, Sharp Cucelden, and the Dog Boy. My only question is . . . does Krelvin currently appear in the campaign? Is using him acceptable? He could probably be replaced with Felvin if need be.)

Before: Oh, whoops, I dropped my Card Hunter set and EVERYTHING went all over the place! Maybe it's still playable. Wait, what are these things crawling on the board? EWW!!!

After: Wow, thanks. I guess it's time to buy a new set. You can have these leftover loot pieces . . . if they aren't too grungy.

Attached Files:

18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Story:
    You have lived in these woods for many years now, communing with the plants and living in harmony with the animals. But now, humans come, bringing with them chopping machines. They destroy the wood, and poison the ground. The birds tell you that these humans do not stop, pushing their machines forward and destroying every tree they come across. You begin a mighty ritual to protect these woods from any further harm, but before you can finish it, the humans are already upon you! Summoning forth a pair of saplings to defend you, you hasten to finish the ritual by any means necessary, before they cut down the sacred trees to which it is anchored.

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    The ritual completed, the trees of this wood are safe from further harm. Already, new growth surges through the wreckage of the destroyed golems. You pick a few pieces of salvage from their bodies before consigning them to mulch.

Notes:
    As was discussed in the original thread that this was posted in, the golem should probably be changed based on the position of the module in the MM Magazine. If this is the first module, it can easily be played as is, but if it appears later in the magazine, the Golem should probably be Tin instead of Brass.

Attached Files:

19. Public Execution.
    Setting:
    The air is alive with the sounds of the bloodthirsty crowd as you are led to the platform. Your crimes against Cardhuntrians fuel their fervor.

Story:
    Guards surround you as you are led to the executioners block. You laugh as the crowd jeers, it is like music. As the warden asks your last words, you break a vial of dark energies that you kept hidden within your body! You chant dark incantations as the energies perforate your being, mutating it! With a deepening voice, you shout, "Fools! You cannot stop me!" as the transformations warp your body into that of a horrid creature!
    [​IMG]

Epilogue:
    You manage to slaughter the warden and heavily injure the guards while making your escape. Your human intellect starts fading fast as the dark energies mutate your brain to that of the horrid creature. The execution of the human you once were was successful as the last of your human consciousness fades.

Attached Files:

tuknir and GunsmoKing like this.
  20. Shipwrecked on Nightmare Isle!

Setting:
    The air is bitterly cold with strange sensations of something probing your mind.

Story:
    A freak hurricane has blown a ship into the rocky bay of a location known as Nightmare Isle, wrecking it. Aboard the ship is Fighter Unit, Clerical Unit, and Cuddlepie.
    While examining the ship two of the isle's residents make themselves known: An Alabaster Dragon and an Elder Mind! The isle is not just a name after all!
    [​IMG]

Epilogue:
    With the enemies slain, the trio begin harvesting the hide of the Alabaster Dragon as material for repairing their vessel. Inside the dragon lay a surprising amount of treasures.

Attached Files:

tuknir likes this.