[Custom Scenario] Save the Trees!

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Inkfingers, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Story:
    You have lived in these woods for many years now, communing with the plants and living in harmony with the animals. But now, humans come, bringing with them chopping machines. They destroy the wood, and poison the ground. The birds tell you that these humans do not stop, pushing their machines forward and destroying every tree they come across. You begin a mighty ritual to protect these woods from any further harm, but before you can finish it, the humans are already upon you! Summoning forth a pair of saplings to defend you, you hasten to finish the ritual by any means necessary, before they cut down the sacred trees to which it is anchored.

Save The Trees.png

Epilogue:
    The ritual completed, the trees of this wood are safe from further harm. Already, new growth surges through the wreckage of the destroyed golems. You pick a few pieces of salvage from their bodies before consigning them to mulch.

Attached Files:

Jarmo, Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey Inkfingers, this was really hard for me the first three times I tried playing it. I'd like to blame my draws >_>
    Fourth time through, it was a challenge but not impossible. I won pretty handily. Not sure how much of that was good play or good draws, but I had fun! Thanks for making this, and I hope it or some version of it makes it into Mauve Manticore.

3. Interesting scenario. Getting the proper draws can be tough but it is a nice challenge.

Of course, when playing it I immediately thought of a certain character:
    [​IMG]

4. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I really like making scenarios that push the limits of the people playing them - my general rule of thumb is that I shouldn't go into any scenario I build knowing that I'm going to win. I lose the above scenario about 1/3rd of the time I play it, maybe 1/4th or so. I have a couple of different variants Magus and I tested when I was making the scenario - different levels of golem, different numbers of Ornithopter, we even tried adding Lumbrezz the Mad to see if that worked out. Ultimately, for a challenge, this is the best combination, I think, though if I submitted it to MM I would probably downgrade the Golem to a Tin Golem to avoid the frustration my earlier Binding of Xanthicius map caused.

Also: Totally Lorax-Inspired. Glad you picked up on that.

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think it'd be fine at this difficulty if it were the first map in the MM installment, but yeah I'd make it a smidgeon easier if it were the last map in the installment. Of course, that's up to @Farbs :)