"Login failed: Security error: Error #2048"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jrod, Aug 29, 2013.

1. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

Nerd rage avoided! It's working again!

2. feep

feep Kobold

Working again!

3. JinxM

JinxM Kobold

Fixed mine, too. Definitely was the firewall blocking the port.

4. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Glad to hear that seems to have done the trick!

5. Nic

Nic Kobold

Hi, I'm sorry for reviving an old post but I tried unblocking the ports mentioned and cleared my cache but I'm still getting the error message.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

7. Nic

Nic Kobold

Yes, is it meant to say :"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <serverstatus><active>1</active><maintenance>0</maintenance><version>3.81.0.11110</version><shortVersion>3.81.0</shortVersion></serverstatus>" this?

8. Nic

Nic Kobold

Please repond quick I can't log in to this game for a week now.

9. Jon

10. Nic

Nic Kobold

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and I'm accesing the Internet via Wi-fi. <cross-domain-policy><allow-access-from domain="www.cardhunter.com" secure="false"/><allow-access-from domain="cardhunter.com" secure="false"/><allow-access-from domain="*.cardhunter.com" secure="false"/><allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/><site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/></cross-domain-policy>

11. Jon

So, I assume you've been able to access the game before? Did anything change about how you access the internet (like modem, router, etc)? Are you using your own modem or are you going through a school, work or other internet connection?

One thing you could try is another browser (e.g. Chrome). You can also check that your modem/router isn't blocking port 443. You could also try (temporarily) turning off any firewall or A/V software that you might be using.

12. Nic

Nic Kobold

None of the steps you mentioned above work unfortunately. Although for some time yesterday I managed to log back in to Card Hunter 30 minutes before the server reset and a few minutes after. I don't know much about coding but is it something to do with cross-domain scripting? I find that the script "activates" when I manage to enter CH but remains inactivated when I get the security error.

13. Nic

Nic Kobold

I'm losing patience over the lack of support this forum has given me, can anyone PLEASE help me?

14. Jon

Unfortunately, there are limits to what we can do to debug this problem for you as it's within Flash. One additional thing you could try is installing and using the Steam client.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293260

I assume you have been able to login to the game in the past. When did that change and did anything else about your computer or internet connection change at that time?

timeracers likes this.
  15. Nic

Nic Kobold

I started having this problem exactly 2 weeks ago on a Sunday, and no nothing has changed about my computer or my Internet connection for the past few months, during which I could log on to this game perfectly fine.

16. Jon

Did you try the Steam client?

17. Nic

Nic Kobold

The Steam Client fails to log in the same time when I get the error on my browser client. I have been able to log in periodically for the past 2 days or so and more frequently now. I'll post again when the problem gets worse, thanks for the help Jon!

Jon likes this.
  18. Nic

Nic Kobold

Is there any way I can fix this error?