How do I sell non-treasure items?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Colz1907, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Colz1907

Colz1907 Kobold

I know this is probably a silly question but I've googled and come up with no answers.
    I've just started playing this evening and have visited all the shops but can't find a way to sell all my items I don't need.
    If I drag and drop an item to the vendor, it keeps telling me I can't sell usable items, only treasure. My inventory is getting quite messy, I would just like to get rid of those level 1 common swords etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Colz1907

Phaselock likes this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You can't sell until level 7 (can't remember if that's adventure, or character level), it's a safeguard to prevent new players from selling things they will later wish that they had. Just FYI, you'll need some of those "junk" items later when you unlock quests. The general rule - don't sell items until you have more of a copy than you can use. And yes, that means many of us who've been playing a while have inventories with a few thousand items.

3. Colz1907

Colz1907 Kobold

Cool, thanks for the reply. My issue is that my characters are level 4'ish but i've only got 4 gold and have only had 4 gold since level 1.
    It would be nice to sell some of the junk'ier items to buy some better gear as I'm struggling a bit on the battles now.
    I will just keep at it :)

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Actually this is a fair point I didn't think about before. If an experienced player created a new acc, wouldnt he buy a thing before lvl 7? I bet he would.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah you can replay adventures once a day to boost XP/HP and get more loot, it's usually a good idea. The adventures reset daily at 00:00 GMT (or about 3 hours and 20 minutes from this post). Also, if you missed it, this weekend is the 1 year anniversary celebration for Cardhunter, and starting at the upcoming reset for 48 hours there will be better than normal loot dropping all over the place thanks to the Loot Fairy. So play lots, it's a good time to join the game!

6. Colz1907

Colz1907 Kobold

Sounds great, I will definitely be playing more.
    I just thought it was a little odd that the tutorial unlocks and shows you all these great shops you can use, but I don't have any gold to actually spend there, just a load of items.
    Glad to hear I can redo the completed adventures on reset, if I can't get past this current adventure, I will just wait until tomorrow.

Cheers for info :)

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

It doesn't let you sell treasures either?

8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It should do, but perhaps we haven't made that clear enough.

9. LordLoki

LordLoki Kobold

im level 7 now and have ronown on level 7 too but still can not sell gear just the treasure stuff.
    can someone tell what exaclty is needed to be able to sell double and triple stuff?

Thanks and greets
    Loki

10. LordLoki

LordLoki Kobold

ok funny i just made a second party and played the first level again and now i got message i can sell everything.
    dont know if that was the trigger but works for me now :D

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

12. Colz1907

Colz1907 Kobold

Selling treasure wasn't the problem, only unwanted items.
    From Jarmo's link of the release notes, it seems we just have to wait until level 7 renown, then run another adventure and open a chest. At this point, we are able to sell items other than treasure.

Thanks for the info and answers guys.