Release 2.50.0 (10 Sep 2014)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build contains the new mini-store where you can sell items directly when opening a chest plus a bunch of other bug fixes and work on the new co-op mode.

Mini Store
    • Mini store opens at renown level 2.
    • New players can no longer sell non-treasure items.
    • Ability to sell non-treasure is unlocked when opening chest at player level 7.
    • Added tutorial prompts to explain sale restrictions.
    • Skarl's Seconds keeps items sold to the mini store for resale.
    Multiplayer
    • Added the five core" MP boards into rotation (forest, dungeon, bridge, temple and streams).
    Cards
    • Fixed missing name in deadly spark log text.
    • Removed overlapping flavor text on Defender's Block.
    • Added new card art for Catch Arrow, Disorienting Block, Flash Flood, Sapping Spear and Leap.
    • Fixed move boosts not affecting group moves.
    Audio
    • Fixed audio keys for various immunity armors, surging shield block and hard to pin down.
    • Fixed voice audio for Kobolds and Astral Guardians.
    Figures
    • Added door portrait.
    Co-op
    • Fixed up some edge cases around team rejoin and user name change
    • Set up quick test path into co-op adventure battles (dev teams only for now sorry)
    • Increased draw count to 3 for 2 player adventure teams
    • Adjusted reconnect priority (now it's MP battle, then campaign battle, then team)
    • Co-op disconnection/reconnection work. You can now reconnect to your team when you log back in.
    • Added attention-grabbing portrait bounce for current participant in team play
    Leagues
    • A few Monster Hunt balance changes.
    • Added Quick Draw Forge and QD Lost City for upcoming event.
    Quick Draw
    • Fixed quick draw crash when discarding Toughened Hide Strips.
    • Fixed warnings about discarding unrevealed cards in Quick Draw.
    Misc Bugs
    • Catch bad bitmap data in card display clamp to screen. This could happen if the bitmap data is being disposed of while a tween is still running or something?
    • Add some more null pointer checks when mucking around with item card displays (should correct some logged errors although I don't know the exact repro).
    • Finally fixed the null pointer exception in onMouseWheel.
    Adventures
    • Fixed VP count in stafford's treasury.

BlackSabbath likes this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh ho ho! That should have an impact on encouraging strategic thinking. It's a pity that it comes at the cost of a hard restriction, but at least new players can't ruin themselves until after they've faced the Troglodyte Gougers.
    Finally! I'd been bothered by those Kobolds since last year. And hey, never knew the Astral Guardians could talk!

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The option button "Show New Treasure" has a typo in the 2nd state "Ingore New Treasure" -> "Ignore New Treasure". Please fix. I know I said earlier it was an awesome typo but I didn't meant it shouldn't be corrected :).

Much thanks for the mini store, excellent! The pain of excess item selling will now be spread out. Please still create the Sell Excess button, though. It could even be just a console command if there are doubts about releasing it for the general public. Us hardcore players would still be very happy to get it.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  4. Jon

Urgh, I forgot that typo, sorry. Will fix.

Jarmo likes this.
  5. Jon

There's a minor bug with this build - dragging items back into multiplayer treasure chests will fail. I'm deploying a fix to that shortly.

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Even though I'll miss some of the old artwork from previous builds, the new ones look amazing!

Edit: Mini Store is also a welcome update; I've always hated to go through your entire inventory to sell all the excess items after missions. Now it comes naturally to sell these promptly after opening chests.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    piotras likes this.
  7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

It seems that half the game features are to make those darn Trog Gougers easier for new players, from both guaranteed trog fighting weapons, to getting ushered to MP about the level you'll get stuck, and now not letting people sell every piercing attack they get at the start? Maybe you should just make the trogs a little less of a player-slaughtering hurricane.

8. Questor

Questor Ogre

For how long?
    How is the reset of that shop handled?

What was there to fix?
    Will you also fix the VP of The Demon Stink?

9. Jon

The seconds store will retain one of every item you sell for up to 4 weeks.

j3st3ri and Stexe like this.