[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I don't think I've seen more than a couple dwarf warriors or priests since the changes. Dwarves are still the default wizards too. Not sure how to fix either without messing with hp and movement.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I don't think much can be done about it.

3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So from a SP perspective I've noticed that the encumber rules have effected dogs. They always used to be annoying, but now I think they are worse. Dog decks are all full of step attacks as we know. And it would be annoying when they'd Nimble Strike from across the map and let loose. The deck also has in it Ill-Fitting Armor. I assume this card was added to shut down a Dog every once in a while. Well, this card no longer does. Especially when the whiny human support character is involved. They cast Team Shift and the dog slowly hops its way over to your character and then unloads 4 - 6 attack cards. Now this doesn't effect me when I'm playing normally since I've got a decent collection, but when I do Nudie Runs or if I was a new player with a poor collection the Dog usually eats one of my Wizards in one turn. Anyway, it's an observation I have about SP. I thought I'd share.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Actaully, I don't know if you played the Mauve Manticore #3 Supplement (the one you play with dogs) after the balance changes, but those dogs were heavily nerfed at a point where the second level it's almost impossible (at least it was for me, tried 10 times and resigned). The annoyance of dogs in those SP levels you are describing is very little compared to how bad they are in the Mauve Manticore level, becuase there you can't adjust your build. Flax even told me that they were thinking about giving the dogs their original step attacks, but I don't know if it was meant for all campaign levels or just the Manticore one.

5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I have not. I played the Dog one with the 3 dwarves recently and beat it easily. (Mauve Manticore #3?) Which I wasn't expecting due to the step attack nerf. For whatever reason I cannot beat the one with the Dragon and subsequently have never tried the supplement. (Not that I've tried very often. Maybe 4 attempts.) I had heard people mention that the Dogs would be effected by the step attack nerf, but I don't think anyone considered how the encumber changes would effect them. At least, I didn't see it. Is Ill-Fitting Armor in the Mauve Manticore decks?

My point isn't so much that the Dogs are awful for everyone, just possibly those with small collections or playing with specific rules. The relief built into the Dog deck no longer really relieves the player anymore. I figured it was worth noting.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

With card monkeys (servants, etc.) the influx of even small step attacks adds up, as does the encumbrance nerf of Ill-Fitting Armor.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If someone could make a thread specifically compiling singleplayer balance concerns sparked by the balance changes that would be great. This thread is a bit hard to navigate, and dealing with these incidental issues is definitely on our radar.

Sir Veza, hatchhermit and neoncat like this.
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So we've come a long way, and it's been a month now, everything is good right?

Well, a lot of things are great. But there is still room for improvement!

Freeze- Encumber 2, duration 3. OR deals 6 damage.
    I also like Stexe's idea, just add an effect to the current version: Target discards their oldest move card.

Illusory Barrier Duration 2. This card is very rare, but can be quite overpowered!

Raging Strike- When you take damage, add 2 to that damage, OR buff 7 -> 9 damage
    Raging Strike is AWESOME! It's like, way better than Strong Hack and Bludgeon... oh wait...

Obliterating Bludgeon - 16 damage
    deals an extra 4 damage for each head the target has above 1. There, now it's interesting.

Hot Flames- All fire attacks and Burning damage you control gains Penetrating. OR When a burning card you control burns, it gains penetrating AND target discards their oldest armor card.
    There's no point playing anything besides Firestarter currently.

Healing Spirit- add 2 to all heals OR add Heal 1 yourself each time you heal an ally.
    OK, I can live without his one being changed EXCEPT:

Talented Healer- Remove Heal 2 yourself.
    THAT my friends has to be nerfed.

Mass Frenzy- Frenzy 2, duration 2.
    Come on. We know it's time. It will make me sad though, so many 11/13 hp enemies in Campaign will fall to a single buffed attack.

Dodge- IDK
    Dodge is still pretty strong. When it works.

Resistant Hide-Always triggers and prevents 3 damage from fire attacks.
    Resistant Cloak-Always triggers and prevents 3 damage from electric attacks.
    There have been A LOT of discussions about Resistant Hide. On one hand, festering zombies probably need to keep the current version. On the other hand, this one card is super, super strong and it's ridiculous.

Bad Luck- Subtract 2 from all die rolls.
    Can't rely on luck! That being said, there are only so many cards in this game that actually have die rolls.

Triple Heal- Heal 2 to three targets, may self target.
    Triple Heals is 99% superior to Twin Heals. Both cards may self target, and it's wonderful, but triple heals has greater utility overall even when an ally is dead (unlike Team Heal). So turn the total healing down to 6, thanks.

Impenetrable Nimbus
    Duration 2. When this card prevents damage, reduce the duration of this card by 1.
    So Nimbus would function as a, negate-damage-twice card not a negate-all-damage-for-one-turn-unless-your-opponent-has-purge card.

EDIT
    Nimble Strike- 5 damage up from 4. Seriously.

Also, maybe the hydra has 10 heads, cause (9X4 +16=52 damage). More likely 7 and such the proper amount should be 6 extra damage. (6X6 + 16 =52 damage).

Anything else?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This would answer the question of exactly how many heads the Hydra has.