Dev Diary: "AI" is coming! Let’s talk about respawning

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I hope flatten was a misprint and it actually does 500 damage or something so that it can accomplish it's goal of killing a blitzenripper in one attack. :p

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'm excited to get Negative Energy Being from Gene cards, though I don't know if I'd be happy if the enemy got it from my Rad cards. :p

Can't wait to hear more on the expansion, seems like there's going to be some interesting new design choices!

4. Will the renown increase as well? Since there's a card with 50 dmg, I guess the item lvl is very high too right?

5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Obviously that card is an enemy card; there seems to be some kind of enemy, that you don't want to get close to without things like impenetrable nimbuses or blocks.

6. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

It's really obvious that 50dmg is monsters' only card. I doubt that it will be any level cap increase, and i do like it.

The news are extremely exciting!=)

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll just say that Flatten accomplishes its goal.

;)

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and Maniafig like this.
  8. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

How many new items are planned?

9. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

many thanks for the blog ! :)
    that "negative" trait seems quite good indeed, hope it's a player card :) Cleric will combo all over the place

Also, Negative being + roulette = win

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Some custom scenarios like my Perimeter Defence (shameless plug) also require tactical killing - you leave the monsters at very low HP (for my scenario you should leave them at 4-1) and then one hit kill them at the start of the round.
    In this version of AI it is much more different but you should get the jist.
    Also I wanted to ask if there will be new tags in AI, judging by the two battle examples I think there must be at least 3 more - one probably being a tag that checks if all the monsters are dead and if they are end the game because at the moment if all of your characters or all of your enemies die and they have a respawn tag on them, the game does not end.

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Is the goal to be laughed at by cushioning armor, or is that the secondary objective?

Dieben, Rainingrecon, visak13 and 5 others like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

13. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Flatten really gives missed parries a new significance. Or even DUCK. It would be really fun to take that into your hand and play it with AOA.

ParodyKnaveBob and Vholes like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It reverses it.

Neither of them has really been important in CH scenario design (until Mutant Brain, I believe). I think there's a one of one of them in each of Clash of Geomancy and Graveyard Gambol, but they don't really determine the dynamics of those battles.

15. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

[kvetch] I could have sworn I woke up today and thought "I'm really looking forward to reliving those hours spent in Molten Core trying to get all those Core Hounds down at the same time, but in a new game ... oh, and maybe some of those boss fights where the tanks can get one-shot thanks to RNG alone ..." >.< [/kvetch]

Musing: are we going to see more level increases and the accompanying new power tokens (Great, which start coming at level 25), and what downstream effects will that have on the multiplayer end of the game? Will the MP party level be increased from 18??

16. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Reanimate and Mass Reanimate do affect graveyard gambol quite a bit. Resurrection on the other hand is a worthless paper quality card disguised as a bronze quality card. Completely worthless in the Geomancers league it appears in.

17. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Lovely news all around. $:^ )

Did one Mr. Ben Lee get back on board for this, or do you just seriously have that much unused material of his stored away to get added one day? (Or, did you somehow manage to get someone to reproduce his style that beautifully? Here's looking at you, Roulette.)

Roulette Table. Legendary Divine Weapon. As if I need to spell out its card contents. $;^ D lol

@BlackVoidDeath: Wait, I thought if all characters on one team were dead in a round, then the match ended anyway, already. ~ ?

18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Not if they have the respawn tag on their team.

19. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Looking forward to Aardvark International.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  20. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I hope new themed figures also coming^^ And a bundle of figures plus expansion.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016