Perimeter Defence

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, Dec 20, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Perimeter Defence

Story:
    *Security Camera* Enemies, Detected...
    *Dog 1* Woof! (Enemies approaching!)
    *Dog 2* Rawr... (Stay back)
    *Dog 1* Grrr... (Intimidating the zombies)
    *Sirens* Woop Woop Woop (Red Alert. Take your sniper positions!)
    You have set up a wall around a temporary settlement to hide from the horrors of the outside world. You have set up the checkpoint defence to let the snipers on the walls rest up a bit. Unfortunately you can never predict when the hoard will arrive...

Perimeter Defencev1v1.jpg

Epilogue:
    BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
    The snipers have finally taken their positions atop the wall, and shot every last one of the zombies down.
    You send out a group of scavengers to seek out any valuable items among the corpses of the undead.

Please give feedback on this map! Thanks :)
    Notes:
    I made this map half an hour ago and tested it once (unfortunately I need this thing called sleep), so it needs a lot more testing - preferably from other players, because (I am not boasting) but I seem to deal with Custom Maps better than most players.
    I am considering taking the VP score that the player needs up to 12.
    And as always if you have a better version for the story, please do posts it (I am not great at writing stories for my maps)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. BlackVoidDeath

Made an easier version for those who are struggling.

Attached Files:

3. BlackVoidDeath

Here is an endless version of the first version.
    My record so far is 27 rounds.

Attached Files:

4. I just played through the map from the original post. I didn't think it was particularly difficult. All I did was eliminate any zeds closing in on my camera while scanning constantly to get extra cards. Having 2 skillful dodges in hand on each dog pretty much ensured that they avoided any attacks the zeds threw my way. I think I took a total of 2 attacks the entire match.

I suppose you could up the required VP to 12 (or any other number for that matter) but I don't think it would make the map any more difficult, just more grind-y. As long as you play smart (and RNG doesn't fail every single dice throw), you should win.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

I guess you got lucky because 1/3 of my games end with both my dogs dead and the camera destroyed and the zombies knocking on the door.
    What you did is pretty much what you are supposed to, but it also relies on you rolling perfectly - two hits could kill a dog from full HP.
    Here are some versions with more VP needed to win.

Attached Files: