[Custom Map] Statues

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Sir Knight, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Text before battle:

You are contacted by Lord Bratwurstford, a fat nobleman who heard of your talent for retrieving mystical swords. Apparently the priceless Trinket Blade is hidden in a buried vault, magically fused onto a pedestal. The only way to remove it is to place a series of four statues on their own pedestals. Statue-shifting puzzles are a cinch, you know, so you agree to find his loot. Upon arrival you locate the four statues, each depicting a different monstrosity, but you are surprised to see them already up on their pedestals. Then, to your horror, they all animate and step down to attack. This may take longer than expected . . .

Statues.jpg

Text after battle:

At last! With the animate terrors turned back to stone, the Trinket Blade comes free from its pedestal. Lord Bratwurstford had better reward you highly for this.

. . .

So I wanted to mess around with visuals. Play through and you'll see. Lemme know what you think, and whether it's actually confusing.

The game balance is such that you usually should win, but I think each playthrough lasts the right amount of time to be fun.

Attached Files:

neoncat, LeisureSuitLoli and Maniafig like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That was fun, and more interesting than my two attempts to do similar things. But it seems a tad easy... even though my priest died early, my warrior's two Reliable Mail made him immune to everything except poison and Impaling Stab.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

If I were to poke around, would I find your other attempts?

As to difficulty, my first thought was to use Plog Kneechopper and Vingus Stoneblessed. They didn't last very long, and their cards were boring. But there aren't too many "look like players" figures between the Arena levels and the CardStock II Secret Preview, and I'd already used all those to death. These options, from the Greenfang level, were at least fun to play since I hadn't seen them nearly as often.

If you were to substitute two CardStock characters, whom would you choose?

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My first attempt was called Jailbreak but was never posted (I couldn't find decent monsters for it), the second was Ghosts. The story behind Jailbreak was that some rogue wizards were arrested then mistakenly placed in mundane cells, which they easily broke out of, and when you defeat them they're put into the anti-magic cells they were supposed to be put in. This was the third map I ever made, and you can see bits of the board in my Board Editor Tutorial.