[PvE] Ghosts

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, it's another one of Kalin's Crazy, Annoying, Clever Ideas!

Ghosts

Before text:
    King Oggencot, your rival for the title of World's Deadliest Necromancer, claims to have discovered a ritual that grants true immortality. Since it requires two master necromancers, he offers a truce so the two of you can perform it. After looking over the ritual yourself to make sure it isn't a trap, you agree to join him in a suitable desecrated temple to perform the ceremony. But it goes wrong somehow (obviously it's his fault), he accuses you of fumbling your part, and the truce ends.

And then you start to notice the results of the bungled spell...​

Ghosts.jpg

After text:
    Allowing Oggencot to claim the title Deadest Necromancer, you leave the scene of the disaster glorious victory, and head home confident that the restless ghosts will eventually fade away, and won't pursue you seeking horrific revenge.​

This may be a bit too easy, but that's probably a good thing for one of my "clever" ideas. Also, people who have turned off Auto-Target may have problems with this map.

Version 2
    Version 3

Attached Files:

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No comments? I guess that means everyone thinks it's perfect just the way it is.:)

I went and dirtied up the board and added some more impassable and blocking terrain, but it's still really easy. Original post updated with new version

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

This hurt my brain! I'd better not explain why though to avoid spoilers.

4. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

Very original, nicely done.
    I did find targeting to be a bit problematic but I guess that's inevitable as the game wasn't designed with that in mind and the solution of just turning the targeting on is a simple enough solution.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Version 2: I tried to increase the difficulty by giving Oggencot a victory square, but he mostly ignores it.

Attached Files:

6. It's a very clever idea. Too bad the idea leads to a match that is more annoying than fun. Still, points for originality.

And like you said, it's a bit too easy.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I can't think of any way to make it less annoying without destroying the whole point of the map, and I'd hate for it to be annoying and too hard. One reason it's easy is because the shuffle/draws are remarkably consistent, especially compared to some other custom maps I've played lately.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Okay I'm totally stumped as to how that thing is happening :oops:

But the fight was fun enough and the board is cool :)

9. Is there a reason why you are not using more creatures? I would imagine that having more (less HP) creatures would magnify the effect.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Interesting scenario. Had to play it once to a loss first to get a handle on what was happening. The second time went easier, was still a total clustermuck. An unnoticed festerbomb took out half the board which luckily ended up helping a lot.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You want it to be even more annoying? Okay, here's version #3:
    ghosts3.jpg

Which version do people like best?

Attached Files: