Constantly disconnecting/freezing in game.

Discussion in 'Support' started by LordSwifty, Oct 6, 2015.

1. LordSwifty

LordSwifty Kobold

Game was working fine yesterday, and before that - today it is all over the place locking up and freezing.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

This is likely to be your network having problems not the game having problems.

3. LordSwifty

LordSwifty Kobold

No every time I'm straight out and can browse and connect fine.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

In windows start menu, open Run, and type or paste:
    ping -t www.google.com
    Consistent results under 100 ms should be good.
    If you have a Mac. I don't know your equivalent of Run, but the command is the same.

5. LordSwifty

LordSwifty Kobold

I'm pinging 30-40 but if I kill the client I'm back in immediately, my connection is not dropping. I thought it was a firewall issue, but I've got it on passthrough.

I'll track it down, I was hoping someone would have had this before.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The only time I've had something like that happen (no lag on my end or problems for other players), completely deleting and reloading CH fixed it. Whatever it is, good luck finding and fixing it.

7. LordSwifty

LordSwifty Kobold

Just FYI - I still have this issue. I can now force it to give me the in-game "Disconnected from server" message and I reconnect and log in instantly.

Currently checking my MTU setting - I had previously upped this to avoid fragmentation issues for several other online games, but I have a feeling that this might be the issue.

If anyone has seen anything like this before please let me know- thanks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Hm, I'm curious if this may have anything to do with the memory leak that is in the game (as far as I know, it still is, perhaps someone with more experience can talk about it.) Is this only happening after long play sessions?

9. LordSwifty

LordSwifty Kobold

Yeah - I'm getting to my wits end on this. I'm running it simultaneously with a network monitor and there is no problems at my end.

I can ping 100 times straight to the game-server without a blip.

Irritating - I like the game and I paid my money, but I cant stay connected for two turns in a row. Ill try back again a couple of days, but I'm not hopeful. Seems like the game is disconnecting every minute or so can't be my Internet, not that often.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No one else has said they had this problem, maybe your computer has a problem.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I've had this problem [or a similar one] since Tuesday as well, @Pawndawan and @DupleX can confirm.
    My ping is at 32-34, consistantly.

THAT BEING SAID, my internet AND computer are both doing terribly lately, so I rather easily assumed it was on my end.
    I'm still not convinced it isn't- though, it's worth noting, switching to the Steam version of the game seems to prevent the game from crashing on me, and the problems with CH (when they occur, they're not constant) persist regardless of how fast/reliable the rest of my internet is at that moment.
    Most notably, it's now quite often taking around 20 minutes before CH lets me connect to the server; though only for a few specific instances, have I had major lagging/crashing issues (which switching to steam fixed).

So it's a weird situation, and unfortunately, my circumstances are too erratic to be of any use in determining anything.

But let me note there's the POSSIBILITY it's an actual CH issue, especially given that the time frame for Swifty and myself match up.

@LordSwifty , are you playing on Steam or Browser?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Sir Veza and seth arue like this.