Complain About Disconnects Here

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jon, May 29, 2013.

1. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Damn, was 2 wins from purple too. Someone go reboot all the servers!

2. Medwynd

Medwynd Kobold

Unable to connect currently as well

3. progammer

progammer Ogre

Seems like everyone got the same issues. Disconnected while queuing and cannot log in again

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Sorry, the server was misbehaving. I just rebooted it and it seems to be back up for now.

5. isriel

isriel Kobold

for about 5 days now i have been what seems to be randomly disconnected while playing. Always seems to be in the middle of a campaign match been in beta for awhile and never had the problem before. Ill start recoding the times from now on here.
    • July 31st 10:07 pt Lord Batfords manor stage 1.

This is getting quite frustrating now i cant finish a campaign level without it freezing and counting as a lose for me. I second the need for a connection resuming. At times it does say trying to reconnect but soon after says i have to reload browser. And sometimes it just has a pause and then says i have to refresh browser.

6. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

Today, at 14h45 gmt +2 some player (and me) have been kicked from the server.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

7. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Seriously, we need connection resuming. My wifi adapter is a little flaky and sometimes drops connections. So this is about problems on my end rather than problems at the server's end.
    When someone loses a connection, maybe give them up to 3 minutes to reconnect. The big problem is that it might be hard to distinguish between dropped connections, and navigating away from the page or closing the browser window.

Keyser likes this.
  8. Colliwinks

Colliwinks Kobold

It would also be nice to reconnect after any of these events: A couple of times I've been clicking between multiple tabs / windows and accidentally closed CardHunter while starting a match.

Hopefully any reasons not to do this would be resolved once the MP turn timer is put in.

9. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

I will probably stop playing card hunter if there is no connection resuming by open release. There is no point climbing the ELO ladder if i am going to lose 70-100 points from 3 dc's. It was exceptionally bad tonight, and it is extremely frustrating that I can't reconnect.

Edit: I just dc'd 4 times in less than an hour in ranked games... I know you guys are busy with everything trying to get this released, but this is getting ridiculous.

10. davers

davers Kobold

+1.. getting kinda frustrated, not so much because of ranking stuff, but because it usually happens toward the end of a long/good/close match in MP..

11. 2 disconnects in a row... one time I think my internet did cut out randomly but the 2nd time my internet was working perfectly fine.

12. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Had a DC earlier today (I was on a very nice gigabit connection, so if it was on my end it was a browser issue or something else other than the connection). I was back on within a minute or so, and it's disappointing there isn't a grace period to get back into the same MP game. I'd be more than happy to wait 3-5 minutes for my opponent to get back on after a disconnect.

13. Heretiick

I am pretty sure this is coming, I know there is one person working on it already. I doubt it will be active before closed beta ends, but hopefully soon after. As far as wait time, I am pretty sure that the community voted 2 minute turn timer, and I think that this is a good amount of time for a grace period as well. Of course any wait would have to come out of your play clock while you reconnected, but that is minor.

Keyser likes this.
  14. Taktuk

Taktuk Kobold

I get disconnected fairly often when I play Pathfinding in mp.

15. Freezelight

Freezelight Kobold

Very often disconnects from the server for the past couple of days. Tried different browsers, proxies, turning off the firewall ... None of this helps. Got stable internet connection.

16. koriar

koriar Kobold

Just got disconnected... to a 13 minute queue timer.

EDIT: To add actually useful information rather than just complaining, I was in the multiplayer section, but still doing the first battle against Gary.

17. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Unfortunately if you get disconnected, you get sent back into the queue like a new log-in. We're looking into alleviating the queue so it won't be that big of an issue! Thanks for your patience!

18. skeptix

skeptix Kobold

I've been disconnected three times in the last 40 minutes or so. I don't detect any issues with my internet, although I suppose it is possible my internet is dropping momentarily. Each time I've been able to reload page and immediately log back in (though I have to wait in queue each time). Also, the first two times I was just about to start an adventure, hadn't played a single card but it gave me a loss.

If it is in fact a momentary dropping of internet connection, this shouldn't boot me out so I have to re-queue with a game loss. There should be something to maintain game state for some small period of time, allowing me to reconnect and continue.

19. I am not sure if my experience goes here or in the cannot connect, so I will just post it here and hope that it is the right spot.

Now, I live in Taiwan so I know the latency and pings are going to be a major part of this, but I get disconnected often most of the time during the login process. I have gotten so far as the first tutorial battle where the battle loaded and it seemed to be working in the background but the message saying "Connection lost, please refresh the page" prevented me from actually playing. I do get this problem in other similar games that are ping sensitive, League of Legends being one of them. But I tend to have no problem actually playing the game I just flash in and out of the "connection" due to my pings, I assume. I don't know the fine intricacies involved in what is used to detect whether I am connected or not. But I can play MMOs (RIFT, WAR Online, LOTRO, etc.), other online flash games without too many problems with my connection or visible latency issues.

20. Heretiick

I live in China and was having the same issues. I started connecting through a VPN and it stabilized things significantly.