Cardhunter Survival

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Veza, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Eulalia

Eulalia Kobold

Sir Veza, tolkien and fatcat__25 like this.
  2. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Kobold

Looks like we have perma-halloween

3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I feel this so much. If there was ever an attempt to reboot the game via sequel or transfer it to some sort of community-run operation I would completely be on board with helping out.

4. Sir Veza, Blizzrd33 and Reint like this.
  5. Gast86

Gast86 Orc Soldier

Copied from their site:
    Game Request Form
    (Redirected from Request Form)
    Request a game you would like to see in the next version of Flashpoint.

Before requesting a game, make sure it follows these requirements below:

1. The game is a webgame that's played through an internet browser.
    2. The game is not in the Game Master List.
    3. The game is fully working at the link you found.
    4. The game is not heavily online dependent, such as online multiplayer games, MMOs, or social media games; currently they're too difficult to save.
    5. The game is not a desktop game or mobile game based on a webgame (such as Insaniquarium Deluxe on desktop, or Robot Unicorn Attack 3 on mobile).
    6. The game is not an emulator that's prepackaged with a ROM.
    If, for any reason, the game is not fully working on your device, please ask about it in the Flashpoint Discord server. We will let you know whether you can make the request.

If you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns, please visit us at the Flashpoint Discord server.

So, apart from point 4 I think CH falls within the catagories. I've made a request.

6. Flandur

Flandur War Monkey

Great idea. If there will be any chance of making a CH sequel, I'd support it. I still think that CH is one of the best games I've ever played. It's unique, charming and has a great community. This is the only F2P game that I've spent my money on, because the game deserves it. Anyway, I know that making a F2P game as a small team is kinda hard, but with croudfunding we might be able to get a considerable amount of money. I'm sure that there are many players that would contribute in their own way. I could even help in testing or programming if such a need would arise.

7. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

Would it be possible to code a local offline version of the campaign ? and/or multi through LAN ?

8. mikey76500

mikey76500 Ogre

Why attempt to have endless contingency plans? Someone with the technical know-how [possibly backed by ThetianKnight/HisRoyalHygiene's offer] could just get Jon's permission make a "spiritual" Card Hunter sequel game instead of trying to keep alive a game that Jon doesn't really care all that much for, anymore.

Think about it, a well constructed team could make an even BETTER CH; One that credits CH [or at least BM] for inspiration, and plays like CH, as well, but, has new material, less Gary/Melvin/Karen/Mom/Cardotron interruptions, more of an emphasis on in-game storylines, a longer, and more fleshed out main campaign, less useless garbage no one touches [Chests, premade teams], and, best of all, BETTER MP MAPS.

Just don't ruin it with daily sign in bonuses, VIP systems or, worst of all, ENERGY systems [make a LIVES system that only takes Lives if you lose/quit, instead if you MUST limit gameplay for some stupid reason].

Pretty sure we could come up with even better ideas.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    fatcat__25 likes this.
  9. GerOge

GerOge Kobold

Love this game! Have loved this game since I found it on Kong something like 5 or 6 years ago. Have never yet seen a clone or rip/spin-off and I try to be on the lookout for good stuff in the online gaming world. I'm not a game dev and my coding skills are pretty basic (which is to say laughable). But I write well and my head is full of mostly useless geeky references to popular fiction from the last century. Oh, and I have a good attitude and can play well with a team.

If I can help in any way that involves time rather than money (which I don't now have), I'd be happy to help. Would really like to see CH not die... ever!

I came to CH from a background of video-gaming and tabletop gaming (D&D and others). This game is a brilliant addition to both genres. As a tabletop gamer, me and my friends always wanted/talked about running an arena where we could bring our best power gamer character builds and smash em together to see who came out on top. The problem was that the tabletop format was very unwieldy and slow to be trying to run a story-less meatgrinder Thunderdome. We did it once. My druid dropped my friend's much more powerful vampire lord with a Cure Serious Wounds touch attack (positive energy hurts rather than heals undead). It was epic! But it wasn't something we wanted to do every weekend. As a video gamer, I tend toward turn-based strategy. And it's great when, like the Civilization series, you get fans so excited about what they can build in the sandbox that it spawns all the crazy various goodness you can find at https://www.civfanatics.com/

I don't know if there's any possibilities for CH in modding, open sourcing, or spinning off once the Flash format dies. But it would be neat to be a part of the team that does something with such a great concept. Cheers Blue Manchu!