Card Interactions

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Kalin, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's some stuff I've been testing in SP.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Unpreventable damage vs Ethereal Form = damage dealt

3. Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Doesn't doom do fatal unpreventable damage. If you remember correctly Negative Energy Being prevents unpreventable damage, in fact it converts it.

Potato Priest likes this.
  5. Normally, but when I tried using Mystical Wyrmhide to kill the death elementals, they healed. Try it yourself. Unpreventable damage (Such as Demonic Revenge) also heals creatures with Negative Energy Being Edit:Sorry. There were two posts passing in the night.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

First test was with Demonic Feedback, and I just now tested Demonic Revenge and that does damage too.

7. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I can add this
    Glob of flame + Ethereal form : 1 damage when hit but the attached card did no damage at start turn. i don't like this since glob of flame is a targeted card. Start of round is a non targetted effect but i don't like this since you can't cast glob of flame hidding behind a corner like it is a fireball.

Edit:

Vengeance + Encumber attack or Sparkling Cloth + encumber attack = you move 2 for the attack and then the encumber take effect.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was thinking about this today, and wondering if it would be more confusing or less confusing if it tried to determine if the source of the attachment was targeted or not. For most cards it would be easy to tell, but things can get weird with cards created by other cards.

Crazy scenario I don't have the patience to test:
    Cunning Mutant with Retaliatory Mutation is hit with Spark of Undeath (from opponent) which attaches Blind Rage. At the beginning of round Blind Rage triggers and is copied by Retaliatory Mutation (I expect). But before the second BR can be played, opponent plays Walpurgis Night, purging RM and first BR and turning Mutant into a spirit. Then Mutant plays the second BR and it triggers next round. Should that second BR be considered targeted?

9. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Blind rage is a new card and is a trait. Since is the cunning mutant that play that card is like the card is owned by the mutant i think.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No?

"Targeting" is what happens when you select a character for an effect. Unless something deals damage to a target on resolution - i.e. most red cards that aren't AoE - then, even if it deals damage, that damage isn't a targeted effect. Any square-based effect like burst or linear, any attached (to character or square) or in-hand effect - these are untargeted. At the time of damage, the damaged character wasn't being targeted by a played card. That's the simplest way to look at it I think.

11. Couldn't you test this by just playing Spark Of Undeath on a squirming egg? I imagine that the code is the same for Leathery Hide and Ethereal Form.