Card Hunter Utility Program

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Xayrn, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Yeah, @neoncat's tools are great. There are plenty of things we could do with the player's inventory, but since getting it from the game is a bit of a hassle and @neoncat's tools already do many of those things, I'd consider this a pretty low-priority feature. Although if it's something you want to work on, I certainly won't stop you :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. snafets

snafets Kobold

hey nice, if I had seen it before... maybe we can link some features. I'm working on a web app (my java is a bit rusty) and try to analyse the cards. Stuff like attack, move and block are relative easy the buffs and handicaps give me more problems. Maybe you have already done something in this direction?

3. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

A web app, you say? Well, I personally don't know much about web programming, but @MattW has actually been working on using HTML to render the cards in our project. You could perhaps try asking him or @neoncat for advice if you need help with visuals. Otherwise, I'm open to general questions about how to interpret data in the CSV files.

4. MattW

MattW War Monkey

Yup - happy to take a look, @snafets - is there source code available somewhere? Do you have something else in mind?

5. snafets

snafets Kobold

the code is not git-able jet, it's just my messy first tryings ;) but I upload a test page or send you the code per mail (just pm me your mail)

The web is great because everyone (with a modern browser) can use it right away. And I also start with the fun part and making cards ;) The point I'm kind of stuck is the categorizing the cards. ATM I go for the types and attack is strait forward but something like handicaps is very difficult to put into a form and I'm open for ideas.

6. MattW

MattW War Monkey

Our (@Xayrn and my) approach on this is to read in the card data directly from the published CSV file (http://live.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Cards/Cards.csv). The basic categories, such as type and quality, are right in there.

Turning that data into a programatic card renderer is a little trickier though. For example, some cards have a direct effect, like action and move cards, and some have a triggered effect (or effects), like armor cards. The general pattern seems to be that, if a card has only one effect, that effect occupies the entire bottom half of the card. Cards with multiple (e.g. two) effects show the two bottom boxes, with direct effects appearing on top.

I'm not sure how any of that relates to your specific difficulty. I'm not more familiar that that though, as I'm actually investigating the ins and outs of how that works right now myself. If you're at all familiar with .NET and WPF, you might take a look at the source to Jayce's CardHunterBrowser utility - it's a fuller implementation than what we have, and might give you some ideas.

7. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Update: Thanks to the efforts of @MattW, the deck-builder now supports importing, exporting, loading, and saving parties in the forum BBCode format exported by the game.

Many thanks, Matt. Glad to have you on-board!

8. ZergShadow

ZergShadow Kobold

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

If you're just looking to run the program, all you'll need is a working Java Runtime Environment (JRE), which you can get here. If you want to write your own Java code, follow the parts of that guide marked with (this is a must)
    GitHub is where you'll find the source code for the project. If you just want a .jar file you can run, unzip the file attached to the first post.

10. ZergShadow

ZergShadow Kobold

so why i cant clip party from card hunter to this program?Can you put guide how to do that, im newbe

11. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

step1.jpg
    step2.jpg

12. ZergShadow

ZergShadow Kobold

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There's no way to import party builds into the game. You'll have to create the party and equip it with items like normal, with your hand and your mouse.

Xayrn likes this.
  14. ZergShadow

ZergShadow Kobold

i have 20% of cards that program includes

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The point of the Card Hunter game is to hunt for new and more items. If you could get all items by just importing them from a utility program, there would be little game left.

If you want more items, keep playing the game. You will win chests and you will get more items. That's what all of us players are doing and have done. That's the game.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  16. I think he just meant import builds but leave blank any spots for items you don't own.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I find that a rather far-fetched interpretation of his intent in context but if so, then it should be easy and fast for him to do the reproducing by hand as there aren't many slots to fill, only 20% of them.

In any case, such speculated functionalities are beyond the scope of the present thread, the volunteers aren't programmers on Card Hunter. The utility cannot change the game.

18. ZergShadow

ZergShadow Kobold

You can do function in this program to highlight items what you have in it and quantity? OR transfering item list from game dont posible?

19. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

We're working on that :)

20. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Will it also display the decks of the characters at some point? I am assuming yes, but thought I would ask to make sure. Or, to makes sure I did not miss something/am using it right.

Xayrn likes this.