Can't Log Into Game Through Kongregate

Discussion in 'Support' started by Haiku 7, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Haiku 7

Haiku 7 Kobold

I am currently having difficulties logging into Card Hunter through Kongregate (anyone else having trouble?).

The Kong site seems slow to load (not BM's fault, surely) and once I finally get the CH box screen after a few moments I get the following message:

Authentication error

Received an invalid response while authenticating: Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/sites/accounts.cardhunter.com/html/v1/kong_authticket.php on line 41 {"ok":false} Try again?

When I click the yes button the "Choose a Card Hunter name" box comes up, but with only the "Name" part and no field to enter a name, and neither "Password" part of the box nor field to enter it. After a short time it goes back to the above error.

2. Haiku 7

Haiku 7 Kobold

It's working again.

3. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Looks like your Kong login cookies got screwed up for a moment (perhaps due to you logging while they were getting their 10th anniversary update up?)

In any case, if you ever have a problem that persists, definitely toss it out here, but as a fairly reliable rule, any issues on Kong are due to Kong (and its passing moments of instability).

I've moved over to game.cardhunter.com, myself, to avoid the regular login problems I was getting on Kong, so if you're still having issues, you may wanna try that or the Steam client, as you prefer.
    As a general rule, if one client is having problems [regardless of if it's the client's or the game's issue to blame], moving to one tends to be a good way to resolve the matter, if simply restarting the client doesn't work.

4. Haiku 7

Haiku 7 Kobold

Hey DunDunDun--thanks for the reply!

Cookie trouble, you think, hey? Could be, could be...all I know is I was a bit miffed as LF was at Elder Mind and I had purchased the AotA treasure hunts earlier that day to do the LF, meh. But, yeah, I sort of had a sense it was likely something on Kong's end and not BM, but figured I throw up a post anyway--partly for any others that might have been having trouble (you were not alone!).

Yeah, that's a good idea about using the main site--something I've been meaning to do, but had yet to (lazy, if ain't broke..., etc.). Spurred on by the spurning from the mishap the other day--reinforced by your suggestion--Imma' start using game.cardhunter.com as well. Cheers!