Can't log in to Test Server

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Sir Veza, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I only get the "Checking server status..." screen.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Either they forgot to take it out of maintenance mode (again), or the build isn't open to testing yet. Guessing it's the first one tbh... ;)

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Interesting. Usually when it's in maintenance mode it doesn't tell you until after you try to log in (probably so devs can log in). I guess they're still working on the new build which looks like it will include a bunch of suggestions from this thread.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

We intentionally left it in maintenance mode until we've had a chance to verify that saved options are being transferred correctly after some restructuring of file locations on the web server.

There was a bug in the deployment script which ended up not updating the old client swf location, so instead of quietly transferring the options to the new location, it was loading the old client in a size 0 element on the page. I fixed that up, but the server is still closed for maintenance until Jon has a chance to check it out as well.

We'll probably end up deploying another small update to the test server before we open it back up.

Jarmo, Sir Veza and Pengw1n like this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It is possible play on the test server now.