Can't Connect to Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by admin, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Possibly ctrl-F5 to force a reload.
    Check out what Jon says here. It's for a different problem, but it might cause several things.

2. Thanks, but I had already tried that. I'll wait a few days and see if anyone else has the same problem.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Did you try firing up the game in a different browser? Did you try playing CH on Kongregate vs. the official site?

You might want to try manually downloading the latest flash player, and checking the browser's setting to see if that's what is currently being used.

Additionally, you might get yourself a second computer (maybe ask a relative or friend if he can land you his laptop or something) and check if the issue is occurring on your machine only.

If all of the above seems to fail, then I would say it's very likely you're encountering some odd networking-related problem.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Okay, I got motivated enough to try CH on FF. It popped up the initial logo, then nothing. Reloading the FF version of Flashplayer fixed it for me.

Bandreus likes this.
  5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Sometimes browsers update themselves with some version of a plug-in w/o alerting the user. Oftentimes, the version of Flash the browser will automatically load is not even up to the latest one released by Adobe. I don't know about FF, but Chrome does this a lot.

That's why I thought downloading the latest Flash Player and setting up your browser to use it might do the trick. Hopefully that will work for @LeisureSuitLoli as well.

As a last resort solution, you can project the game's SWF into the flash player itself (never actually tried this myself with CH though). Since that doesn't involve running the browser (with all the associated overhead) that's a good way to squeeze-out some extra performance too, especially if you're playing on a somewhat old rig.

6. Bhzar

Bhzar Kobold

Hello all,
    starting yesterday I cannot start the game from my computer. Upon clicking "Play Now" the message I get is always:

"Card Hunter is currently down for maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes.

Try Again"

I already tried to:
    - wipe out my web cache
    - trying another browser (Safari, standard is Firefox, both running on a Mac 10.6)
    - uninstalling/reinstalling the flash player
    - I also Managed to do a test with a friend's pc (windows 7) and from there the game runs normally.

I did not change anything on the first machine preferences or configuration or browser: simply since the application of the latest patch the game does not start: I was able to clear Garnet Demon Portal the other day for the Loot Fairy but when I came for the second run I found the server in maintenance and it has been giving me this result ever since.
    Guess BM has changed something that blocks me from accessing the server. I was left with just 4 days of Club Membership so I will not lose much, anyway it's a shame :(

p.s.
    sorry for my english, not my native language.

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

I am having the same problem
    I got it after Garnet Demon Portal

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Jarmo likes this.
  9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's the weekend now and it might be that the single support guy (Jonathan Chey, owner of Blue Manchu and lead developer of Card Hunter) isn't back on the job before Monday in Australia, but emailing support like Veza above suggests is the fastest way to bring the problem to his attention.

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

As mentioned in the other thread, this should be fixed now. Let us know if you are still having problems though.

11. Captain Awesome

YESSS!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE A MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Bhzar

Bhzar Kobold

Logged in unflinchingly, thanks a lot!

Bandreus likes this.
  13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Anyone else who can't log in at the moment?
    I tried Chrome and FF, also clearing the cache didn't help.
    Although I CAN log in to the test server.

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

yes, i think its down, given that theres no activity in the metapage as well.

15. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Same, spinning endlessly after login.

16. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

Me too, it's the first time this happens

17. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Investigating now...

gulo gulo likes this.
  18. Captain Awesome

I am also having this problem

19. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

20. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

FIXED

Server restarted, maintenance mode lifted. Data rates are still pretty slow but it looks like we're back online. Credit goes to @Phaselock for calling me three times to get me out of bed :)
    We'll look into the cause of this in the morning, but uh, not quite this early in the morning.