Can't Connect to Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by admin, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Maintenance mode should be off now. Please let us know if you have further issues.

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. bluebluegreen

bluebluegreen Kobold

Im in...good job guys getting it back up!

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yes, I'm in! But zero legendaries in my 2 purple chests is a tech issue too! :D

4. Hyoscine

Hyoscine Kobold

Hey, I'm trying to play a tournament at the moment and I'm three for three for disconnected matches, that are all getting recorded as losses. I never have connection trouble, is this related to the server issues earlier?

5. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I don't see any errors on the server right now after we restarted it to clear up the earlier problems.

6. Hyoscine

Hyoscine Kobold

Okay, cheers for looking into it.

7. I hit play but it just sits there in the loading screen does anyone else know how to fix this?

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

9. jademonarch

jademonarch Kobold

I keep getting a message that reads: "Login failed. IO Error. Error #2032". Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

10. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I had the same message, then refreshed, the game took longer to load (caus of new build) then it worked. If it still doesn't work after a refresh, you might want to try to clear your cache.

jademonarch likes this.
  11. j-wiz

This is after you click the "Play" button?

Try opening a browser window and browsing to https://live-server.cardhunter.com/

It should be just a blank page, but it might give you an error message that can help figure out why you can't log in to the game, since it's connecting to the same web server.

12. jademonarch

jademonarch Kobold

Thank you, sir. That did the trick. I appreciate it.

j-wiz likes this.
  13. jademonarch

jademonarch Kobold

Thanks for the suggestion. As it happens, I just needed to clear my browser cache. I'm embarrassed it did not occur to me.

14. j-wiz

We should probably make that message nicer, but error #2032 really just ends up being "Failed to connect" which wouldn't be a whole lot more helpful.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Would it be possible to have the server tell the client what version it's supposed to be?

16. j-wiz

You mean before you log in? Because that does already happen at login time.

(Well, technically the client tells the server which version it's running and the server tells it what it should be if it's wrong)

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Could it happen when it checks the server status? Have the server respond with something like "Server is accepting public connections from client version 2.17" or something. Then the client can say "Oh, I'm out of date. I will commit suicide because I'm utterly worthless. I will ask my user to clear their cache."

18. j-wiz

I think we have a good solution for this coming up soon. It should mean a whole lot less clearing of your browser cache (i.e. hopefully none) when there are new updates beyond the next one.

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. I was playing fine yesterday with no issue, and I logged in earlier today just fine, but then when I tried to go to a shop I just got the loading circle for a really long time, and now whenever I try to log in it loads for a really long time, then gives me "Connection failed. The server or your internet connection may be down. Please refresh the page and try to login again."
    I tried all the solutions from the original post like clearing the cache of my browser (Chrome) and flash, and disabling my firewall, but none of them worked.

20. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Can't connect either. Also tried clearing cache.