Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Melancthon, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

CT5Holy and I got in some good test matches today. He's got the battle logs, but I thought I would create this thread for bug reports and give you a quick overview of what we found.

Ancient Grudge is using the opponent's discard pile to determine extra damage. My mage used Pathfinding and had about 24 cards in her discard pile, used Grudge and did two damage to CT's mage, who had one card in her discard. The same mage then used Grudge on me and did about 24 damage.

Inquisitor's Strike appears to be doing only two extra damage per attachment. Max damage with three attachments should be 17, but the two times I used it on CT it did 14. One instance the target had two boosts and one handicap, the other the target had two handicaps and one boost, so I don't think the type of attachment is coming into play.

Prowl is also not giving free move, tested by both CT and myself, on difficult terrain and within opponent's zone of control.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for starting this thread, very helpful.

3. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I've had 2 instances where Investigate was a free move in two different matches.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah looks like I just gave Investigate free move instead of Prowl. Should be an easy fix.

5. HisRoyalHygiene

Not quite a bug but Blight attaches a card and then that card's duration immediately decreases by 1.
    This is especially weird when a trait with duration 1 (like fright) is attached, as it disappears straight away.

6. HisRoyalHygiene

Should wind dancer activate when Surging Shield Block blocks an attack? Currently, it doesn't. I mean, it SAYS you have to 'play' the card but...

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nice catch, I'm sure that's part of the wonky behavior with Blight. (And I would say it's a bug.)

No, because triggers aren't playing; this is consistent with similar stuff in the rest of the game. (Boosted Heal's trigger doesn't activate Talented Healer, etc.)

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've committed fixes for Prowl, Investigate, Inquisitor's Strike, and Investigate. Jon is working on the other bugs mentioned to date. We're also in dialogue about Hex of Dissolution.

Hush hush, but Ben is probably going to start on art next week. :)

9. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

For those of us who have zero programing savvy, what exactly does "committed fixes" mean? They ARE fixed, or you know how to fix them and they will be fixed on the next update?

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ah it means I've written and submitted the code to fix them, but you won't see the fixes until we do a new build and put it on test.

Melancthon likes this.
  11. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thanks!

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm closing this thread since I've created a new stickied bug reporting thread with a known issues OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.