Blurry graphics in windowed mode.

Discussion in 'Support' started by ridgewater, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ridgewater

ridgewater Kobold

Hi.
    Had to reinstall chrome and now in the windowed mode everything is blurry. It's like the resolution got set wrong and then rescaled to fit the window. In fullscreen mode it's all sharp and clear, like it was before reinstalling. I have checked with opera and it's all ok there. I tried to reinstall chrome one more time, but it didn't help.

It's not that visible on screenshots, but take a look at the names and the text in the chat - in the windowed screenshot they're bolder and muddier. Also, on the font for amount of gold and pizza it's pretty noticeable.

The screenshots were taken with quality in game options set to low, so the blurriness would be more prominent.

http://s11.postimg.org/odlbc9rht/windowedlow.png
    http://s11.postimg.org/69iarmttd/fullscreenlow.png

Is there anything that can be done to fix this in chrome?

Unfortunately I can't use system recovery to simply roll back as I swapped many different drivers for my soundcard later on trying to troubleshoot as it kept failing, so the old recovery points don't exist :(

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If it works OK in Opera, it sounds like it might be an issue with the built in Chrome flash player. You could try installing the Adobe Flash plugin and disabling Chrome's built in player. Googling should turn up instructions on how to do that.

3. ridgewater

ridgewater Kobold

From what I was able to find, the NPAPI plugin support is required to install flash plugin separately, but this support was discontinued in September 2015 with last version supporting it being chrome 44. I found chrome 44 installer, performed setup and there is no blur in it even with in-built plugin. So I guess I'll stick with this outdated chrome version for a while, may be the problem will fix itself in later versions.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  4. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Check your Windows DPI settings, by default on Windows 10, they blur and enlarge all Windows programs.