Being cheated of membership benefits

Discussion in 'Support' started by Attelso, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Attelso

Attelso Kobold

The membership page said I would get an extra item of equal rarity to the highest rarity in my chest, but i just got a chest with a Common item and an Uncommon item, but my membership item was only a Common item???

Why did I not get an uncommon membership item?

2. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Membership gives you an item of equal or better rarity to the highest guaranteed rarity item in the chest. So your extra item will be...

Brown chest: common+
    Gold chest (end of adventure): uncommon+
    Loot Fairy/Bandit Chest: rare+

timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  3. Attelso

Attelso Kobold

Funny how they conveniently skipped over the part what they meant by guaranteed. But I guess I was a fool for not reading the small print. Luckily I didn't lose more money before finding out.

4. hello world

hello world Hydra

It's as it's best in multiplayer/treasure hunts/end game stuff when you can sometime get chests with guaranted epics+

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I can easily understand you're not happy with the club items not being as good as you thought. That's never fun. That said, they do at least try explain this. The club membership pop-up window inside the game says:

"Your Club Reward item will be at least as rare as the rarest item you would otherwise be guaranteed. For example, if you open a chest containing a guaranteed epic item, the Club Reward item will also be an epic item or better."

You're not at all alone in your views, though. Many people have commented on the same thing.
    The idea of guaranteed rarity rewards is explained elsewhere in the game, IIRC. I think they omit more exposition about it in the pop-up for the sake of brevity. It's a somewhat complicated system to explain in a short space. I doubt many would read it if it went on longer than it does.

The club has best value when you know you'll be playing a lot within the membership period. Then the extra items really start to add up. They're also of better quality than the average item in the chest so they end up boosting up your collection over time.

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. Attelso

Attelso Kobold

Yea... because this just screams wall of text:

Brown chest: common+
    Gold chest (end of adventure): uncommon+
    Loot Fairy/Bandit Chest: rare+

7. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Chest colors aren't a good indication of the loot inside. For example, Treasure hunts guarantee a specific epic on the first clear so the gold chest at the end gives an epic+ in the club slot.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Plus all the other adventures that give special loot the first time. For example, everyone gets a legendary in the club slot the first time they complete Melvelous.