[AotA] Expansion PVP cards discussion and feedback

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Phaselock, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Excellent point, Veza!

2. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

I just want to chime in and say that I really like the "Blessing of Granite" idea -- Armor 1 and Immovable are tied together by the stone flavor. I also like the idea of armor in an attachment generally -- it seems like a neat thing for Priests to do!

EDIT -- and Stoneskin is a spell that Clerics/Druids have had in D&D for a long time, you could call it Stoneskin instead if you wanted!

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I agree. The card is being renamed to "Stone Feet" and the new rule text is:

Attach to target. Target gains Armor 1 and cannot be moved to or placed in a new location by cards controlled by its enemies. Duration 3. May Self Target.

4. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I have a question about Sparkling Cloth Armor: if someone uses WoW to a character who has this armor, and the armor doesn't prevent the 1 point of damage (because you roll less than 3), what happens? Do you move it first and then your opponent moves it again? Or is it the contrary? That is a bit confusing.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nice choice!

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

iirc, SCA first then WoW.

7. Jon

That's what I would expect, since the armor triggers, interrupting the card effect.

8. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Don't know what iirc means, but I got it, you move first, then the wow. Thanks

Edit: so, I understand that the movement comes first in any situation , right? That means that even if you get hit by an encumber attack you get to move 3 first, regardless of the encumber effect?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. Jon

Well, technically, triggers happen before the effects that they are triggered from. So Armor stops damage before the damage is applied, etc.

10. Jon

Barbed Platemail now does 4 damage to the attacker and that damage is Penetrating.

I also increased the damage on Jumpspark from 2 to 3 to make it more of a threat.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

iirc - if I recall correctly. After the first hundred or so test commands, everything becomes a blur... =)

iirc, this is how it works. eg: frost jolt
    a) frost jolt from attacker apply 4 dam against target's SCA armor 1.
    b) target suffers 3/4 dam. Frost jolt attached to target.
    c) game checks target's cards in hand followed by attachment. So SCA's move 3 triggers 1st, followed by frost jolt's encumber 2. Total move space = 3-2 = 1.

Hope it helps. :)

Jacques likes this.
  12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, is this considered as an Assist/Armor hybrid card ?

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Not a bug but Sparkling cloth armor creates another fancy effect, via spiked mail.

Banironhoh bashes Barazdron
    Barazdron spikes his attacker.
    Sparkling Cloth Armor reduced damage to Banironhoh by 1.
    Cloth Armor failed!
    Banironhoh took 1 Piercing damage.
    Banironhoh moved.
    Barazdron took 3 Crushing damage.
    Barazdron moved.
    Banironhoh moved.

Bani Pressing Bashed Bara, got spiked, triggered SCA, moved 3 AWAY from Bara. 3 dam applied to Bara and Pressing Bash's Move 1 activated. A 4 tile move possible due to spiked mail, since barbed platemail is getting penetrating.

My head aches...

14. Jon

No, it's not an Armor card. An Armor card would trigger to prevent damage while in your hand.

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

So 'Target gains Armor 1' is a passive increment to existing armor modifiers in hand ? Armor 5 from enchanted mail becomes Armor 6 effectively ? or some other mechanic ?

16. Jon

It works exactly like Armor, but only when it is attached to a target.

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

So its an armor that triggers from attachment, gotcha. I suppose the armor reduction is only active in damage phase of calculation while the immovable effect procs only in the effect phase, ie, armor triggers before immovable when attached. Procs altruism only when casting, right ?

18. Jon

That's what I would expect (armor effect, then immovable effect).

It would trigger Altruism on being cast.

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Pressing Bash: Slide Back 1. When this card takes effect, Move 1.

What does 'When this card takes effect' mean ? I'm able to move 1 regardless of whether the target has slided back. I suppose its wai, just wanted to be sure.

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

If you pushback parry a target with path of knives attached after a step attack, its possible to get 6 damage off and net a kill. Eww...

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.