[AotA] Expansion PVE cards discussion and feedback

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Phaselock, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

This thread is for testers to discuss and feedback pve based cards from the AotA expansion. Also, cards listed are not final and will be subjected to dev changes and balances. That's what this thread is for: playtesting, brainstorming combos, breaking stuff, feedback etc.

Kindly refrain from posting meta predictions, half-truths, untested conclusions, essay length whines etc... Thanks.

Positioning Move -> not from this expansion, still new tho.
    Maze of the Mind
    Poison Blowdart
    Numbing Blowdart
    Vegetable Parts
    Fireproof Charm
    Mighty Charge
    Mad Dog
    Heat Treatment
    Psychic Barrage
    Beam of Hate
    Ancient Statue
    Barrier of Hate
    Hemorrhage
    Tongue Lash
    Tongue Grab
    Sticky Spittle
    Tongue Storm
    Scaberous Skin
    Cut
    Corrosive Touch
    Troll Regeneration
    Paralytic Poison
    Mental Flensing
    Psychic Blast
    Mind Munch
    Brainhook
    Totem Charge
    Totem Blast
    Punishing Beam
    Punishing Bludgeon
    Sneaky Bloodsuck
    Flurry of Steel

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I've yet to see the AI use Numbing Blowdart on my party. Has anyone had the same experience ?

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Didn't see any played when I played through the expansion. The other kind of dart, yes, but not Numbing as far as I can recall.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Same here. A lot of Poison Blowdarts - not a single Numbing played. Can't confirm they had it on hand however, as I wasn't aware it existed.

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'll look into that.

6. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

I took it out of the Pygmy deck as it was boring.

7. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I cant think of the name, but there's a new card that get's played when you opponent plays a move card within 5 squares, it allows you to position the character moving. The unber hulk things play them.

Very mean card. You don't normally see it, and there's not much to play around. The AI is smart enough to position you onto lava as much as possible.

8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Added Maze of the Mind to OP, thanks.

Is Numbing Blowdart hereby removed from expansion or simply replaced by a) new card ? b) existing card ?
    What card would fit the theme and still make the Pygmys challenging ? Penetrating Blowdart ? Wounding Blowdart ? Obliterating Blowdart ? :D

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's in the card list, but not in use at the moment.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Dulla injects psychic spores into Azulkhrum's brain!
    Azulkhrum blocked with Parry.
    Mental Flensing was cancelled.

Were psychic attacks in traditional dnd considered as melee ? Cos Brainhook is magic psychic. I find it a trifle weird being able to parry a mental attack alto it is indeed range 1. Magic Psychic at range 1 maybe ?

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I took it to mean that it's a psychic attack that requires your opponent to physically touch you before injecting the pysch-affecting bits?

Phaselock likes this.
  13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, Touch of Death is magic attack. Maybe, the touch here does not reach the skin ? :p

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Touch of Death being magic always felt weird to me. It's either a touch or it isn't!!

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It is. It's a penetrating magical touch. Like a TASER glove, only more so.

16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

There is something I don't get. Was Dissolve Armor so boken that you had to make a weaker version of it? (Melt Armor does the exact same thing but with half the range and is rare while Dissolve Armor is common)

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You can get 3 copies of Melt Armor on a tokenless item without drawbacks. Which seems to be the entire point, since the card doesn't appear anywhere else.

18. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Oh I see. Guess it has been designed especially for helping newcomers with the classic lvl 7 adventures. Thanks for the clarification.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Question. Melt Armor says "immediately" and it discards the armor card in question before damage.
    Dissolve Armor doesn't say "immediately," but it discards the armor card in question before damage. Is Dissolve Armor WAI?

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Cave In and Rockfall funny interaction with Sparkling Cloth Armor. If you take damage from Cave In, SCA will allow the char to run 3 before applying the terrain. If due to extra armor, the total dam is 0... SCA does not proc and the char is left standing in rocks.

Flaxative likes this.